|Real name||Jonathan Hamm|
|Rated at||255 lb (116 kg)|
|Born||October 14, 1985
Jonathan Hamm (born October 14, 1985) is a former standout amateur boxer, actor, football player and current mixed martial artist. Hamm was the #1 Super-Heavyweight Amateur boxer in the United States in 2011 after winning the 2011 U.S. Nationals. Hamm was an alternate in the super-heavyweight division of the 2012 London Olympic Games for the U.S. Hamm earned Black College All-American, 1st Team All Conference, 1st Team All-Region and The Marion E. Jackson Defensive Player of the Year in 2006. Hamm is originally from Atlanta, Georgia but now lives and trains out of Jackson's Submissions Fighting in Albuquerque, New Mexico. His manager is Malki Kawa, founder of First Round Management out of Miami, Florida who houses UFC stars Jon Jones, Benson Henderson, Carlos Condit, Miesha Tate and Frank Mir.
Hamm played football for Southern Illinois University and Clark Atlanta University before signing a professional contract with the New Orleans Saints in 2007. Following a hamstring injury, however, Hamm was cut by the Saints and subsequently played for two years for the New York Dragons of the Arena Football League. In 2009, Hamm was a member of the San Angelo Stampede Express of the Indoor Football League.
Hamm had modeled and appeared in television commercials by 2007, and was discovered by Robert D. Siegel when Siegel was casting for the independent film, Big Fan. That film was well received by critics, but Hamm didn't believe that he had a future in acting, and abandoned the profession.
Hamm was recruited to become a boxer in 2009 by All-American Heavyweights, an organization that develops athletes from other sports into boxers. Through All-American Heavyweights Hamm was matched with Johnny Johnson, the proprietor of the Rice Street Gym in St Paul. Johnson trained Hamm until a motorcycle accident curttailed Johnson's involvement, so Adonis Frazier of Circle of Discipline Boxing Gym in Minneapolis is filling in while Johnson recovers. Hamm draws great comparison to former heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis, with his size, hair and athleticism. His nickname is "Beauty Salon" because of his longhair, long eyelashes, and his ladylike persona. Hamm has a boxing sponsorship with hip-hop mogul 50 Cent's Street King Energy Drink. In 2011 Hamm qualified for the US Olympic Trials by winning the 2011 USA Boxing championship. Hamm currently fights out of Carson, California at the Rock Boxing Gym. He is currently signed with All American Heavyweights Promotions as a professional.
- 2011 USA National Champion
- 2011 USA Olympic Trials #1 Seed
- 2011 National Golden Gloves 3rd Place
- 2011 Upper Midwest Golden Glove Champ
- 2011 Minnesota Golden Glove Champ
- 2011 USA Minnesota District Champ
- 2011 USA Upper Midwest Champ
- 2010 Coachella Dessert Showdown Champ
- Pass rusher Jonathan Hamm transforms into boxer – Boxing – Yahoo! Sports. Sports.yahoo.com. Retrieved on 2012-05-04.
- Iole, Kevin. (2012-02-16) TV exec calls his plan to revive heavyweight division a better investment than buying Dodgers – Yahoo! Sports. Sports.yahoo.com. Retrieved on 2012-05-04.
- U.S. Olympic Boxing Trials next step for former football player Jonathan Hamm. al.com. Retrieved on 2012-05-04.
- CAU’S JONATHAN HAMM SIGNED BY THE NEW ORLEANS SAINTS Archived 2010-05-28 at the Wayback Machine.. (PDF) . Clark Atlanta University. May 1, 2007. Retrieved on 2012-05-04.
- http://www.firstroundmngement.com[permanent dead link]
- Big Fan (2009). IMDb.com
- Rachel Blount From football to movies to chasing an Olympic dream. StarTribune.com. July 26, 2011. Retrieved on 2012-05-04.
- Features, Events, Results | Team USA. USA Boxing. Retrieved on 2012-05-04.