Jonathan Law High School
|Jonathan Law High School|
|20 Lansdale Avenue
Milford, Connecticut 06460
|School district||Milford Public Schools|
|Faculty||81.15 (on FTE basis)|
|Student to teacher ratio||11.39|
|Color(s)||Black and gold
|Athletics conference||CAS/CIAC Southern Connecticut Conference|
|Publication||The Guardian |
|Yearbook||The Rostrum |
|Website||Jonathan Law High School|
The school was built in the 1960s to accommodate the increased student census caused by the baby-boom after World War II. It was named in honor of the 27th Governor of the Colony of Connecticut, Jonathan Law (August 6, 1674 - November 6, 1750). Until the 1970s, the Milford Public School System continued to include two public high schools, Milford High School in the central part of the city and Jonathan Law High School on the west end of the city, but shortly after the opening of a third, Joseph A. Foran High School on the east end of the city, Milford High School was closed and converted to accommodate municipal administrative offices due to the city's diminishing student census. The school mascot is a humanoid eagle, but male sports teams refer to themselves as the Lawmen.
Jonathan Law High School (Jlaw) is a public high school in Milford, Connecticut. Students have many offerings of AP classes and college prep courses. The grades Jonathan Law offers are grades 9-12. Jonathan Law is made up of students from West Shore Middle School and Harborside Middle School. Jonathan Law is located on 20 Landsdale Avenue Milford, Connecticut.  This location is a walkable distance from Walnut Beach and Route 1.
Activities & clubs
- The Advocate (School Newspaper) 
- Band (Marching Band/Concert Band/Jazz Band)
- Bible Club
- Book Club
- Color Guard/Winter Guard
- Debate Club
- Diversity Dream Team
- Drama Club
- Fishing Club
- French Club
- Friends Forever
- Interact Club
- Key Club
- Keyette Club
- Milford High School Fencing Club
- Model UN
- Morning News
- Multicultural Club
- National Honor Society
- Natural Peer Helpers
- Sign Language Club
- Ski/Snowboard Club
- Student Council
- Students for Peace
- Unified Arts
- Unified Sports
- Yearbook - The Rostrum
Sports that are offered by Jonathan law are: 
- Tennis (Male and Female)
- Cross country (Male and Female)
- Basketball (Male and Female)
- Swimming (Male and Female)
- Soccer (Male and Female)
- Wrestling (Male and Female)
- Ice Hockey (Male and Female)
- Outdoor Track (Male and Female)
- Indoor Track (Male and Female)
- Lacrosse (Male and Female)
- Golf (Male and Female)
- "Jonathan Law High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved 2008-01-12.
- "CAS/CIAC Member Search". Connecticut Association of Schools. Retrieved 2008-01-12.
- Law's News
- Clubs and Activities
- "Milford Public Schools: Jonathan Law High School". www.milforded.org. Retrieved 2017-04-19.
- "Milford Public Schools: Athletics". www.milforded.org. Retrieved 2017-04-20.
- "Girls hockey: Kerri Rowland's journey a life lesson | Milford Mirror". Milford Mirror. 2017-02-09. Retrieved 2017-04-20.
- "Welcome to CASCIAC.org". www.casciac.org. Retrieved 2017-04-20.
- "Home - SouthernConnecticutConference.org". www.southernconnecticutconference.org. Retrieved 2017-04-19.