Jonathan Lloyd Walker
|Jonathan Lloyd Walker|
13 September 1967|
Henley on Thames, Oxfordshire, England, United Kingdom
|Occupation||Actor, screenwriter, producer|
Jonathan Lloyd Walker (born 13 September 1967) is an English-Canadian film and television actor, producer and screenwriter who resides in Canada. He is known for film roles in Shooter, RED, and as the British radio operator Colin in The Thing (2011 prequel). He also played Rankor in the TV-series Flash Gordon.
Jonathan Lloyd Walker was born in Henley on Thames, Oxfordshire, England and attended Shiplake C of E Primary School. When he was a toddler when his mother took him to auditions for commercials. He appeared in numerous school plays several of which were choreographed by the mother of his school mate and fellow actor Christian Bale.
Walker's parents divorced, and his mother married a Canadian. The family moved to Montreal, Quebec, Canada in the early '80s. As well as school plays, he studied and performed with the Children's Theatre of Montreal and made appearances in short amateur films.
He attended the University of Western Ontario and studied Political Science. Also during this time he enlisted in the Canadian Armed Forces and successfully completed training as an infantry officer attached to the Royal Canadian Regiment. After completing his service Walker returned to acting after a brief stint writing and reading the news for CBC News Network in Toronto.
Walker performed in roles in the television film Volcano: Fire on the Mountain, the series Viper, and multiple appearances on the series The X-Files. Later he played more extensive roles such as Mark Twain in The Secret Adventures of Jules Verne and Jesus Christ in The Second Coming. He has appeared in such films as Traitor, Shooter, Along Came a Spider and Land of the Dead. His long list of television credits includes The West Wing, Men in Trees, The Outer Limits and Smallville. He also played the leading role of Rankol in the Syfy Network series Flash Gordon.
In 2010 Walker has completed work in several feature films, most notably Red with Helen Mirren, Bruce Willis and Morgan Freeman. He plays the character Burbacher who is in charge of protecting the Vice-President from assassins.
Walker was also cast in Matthijs van Heijningen Jr.'s prequel to the 1982 John Carpenter classic The Thing. He portrayed the British character Colin who is the base radio operator. The film opened in 2011.
Walker is married to award-winning documentary film-maker Sheona McDonald. They have three children.
- Damien Tastevin (19 April 2010). "Casting: Jonathan Lloyd Walker dans The thing et d'autres infos". EcranLarge. Retrieved 2 March 2012.
- Ben Rawson-Jones (3 March 2008). "Interview: Jonathan Lloyd Walker ('Flash Gordon')". Digital Spy. Retrieved 2 March 2012.
- "Character bio Jonathan Lloyd Walker". Syfy.co.uk. Retrieved 28 March 2012.
- "Children's Theatre of Montreal". Childrens-theatre.ca. Retrieved 28 March 2012.
- Jonathan Lloyd Walker bio from jonathanlloydwalker.com[dead link]
- Taste T.O. bio of Jonathan Lloyd Walker Archived 15 June 2009 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Jonathan Lloyd Walker – Mongo, Ming & Gliding". Totalscifionline.com. 17 April 2008. Archived from the original on 26 February 2012. Retrieved 28 March 2012.
- Kroll, Justin (12 January 2010). "Jonathan Walker joins "Red" cast". Variety. Retrieved 28 March 2012.
- Kroll, Justin (16 April 2010). "Jonathan Walker boards 'The Thing' prequel". Variety. Retrieved 28 March 2012.
- Think of the Thing prequel as a CGI ghost story[dead link]
- "Interview – The Thing’s Jonathan Lloyd Walker". by Shawn Conner. The Snipe News.