McKain playing for Wellington Phoenix in 2009
|Full name||Jonathan David McKain|
|Date of birth||21 September 1982|
|Place of birth||Brisbane, Australia|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Playing position||Centre Back
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of July 27, 2016.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of January 27, 2016
Jonathan "Jon" McKain (born 21 September 1982) is a retired Scottish Australian football player who last played for Souths United. He is generally a defender but can also play as a defensive midfielder.
McKain was educated at the Anglican Church Grammar School, and he joined Romania club FC Politehnica in the summer of 2005, from fellow Divizia A club FC Naţional Bucureşti. He has also played for the Brisbane Strikers in Australia.
McKain signed for the Wellington Phoenix for the 2008–2009 A-League season. Despite several injuries McKain maintained good form when fit. On 14 June 2010, McKain signed a one-year renewable contract for Al-Nassr to be added to Walter Zenga squad. A US$ 1.5 million transfer fee was paid.
In August 2011, McKain was named as Adelaide United's captain ahead of the 2011–12 A-League season. In round 12 of the A-league Jon McKain gave up his captaincy. He was replaced as captain by Eugene Galeković.
In October 2014, McKain signed for Malaysia Super League club Kelantan FA. He quickly impressed the fans with a goal he scored during a match with LionsXII that ended up in 2-0 win in their homeground stadium Sultan Muhammad IV Stadium, Kota Bharu, Kelantan in 2015 
McKain then signed to play for Souths United in the Brisbane Premier League in the 2017 season. However, before playing any game with them, he decided to announce his retirement from professional football on his Twitter account, after 17 years enjoying his career.
|Wellington Phoenix F.C.
|Last updated 1 June 2010|
|Club||Season||Super League||FA Cup||League Cup||Others||Total|
(Malaysia Super League)
|Last updated 30 July 2016|
National team statistics
|Australia national team|
With Kelantan FA:
- Mason, James (2011). Churchie: The Centenary Register. Brisbane, Australia: The Anglican Church Grammar School. ISBN 978-0-646-55807-3.
- Star signings for Phoenix Archived 21 October 2008 at the Wayback Machine.
- McKain to Saudi Arabia. au.fourfourtwo.com.
- Wellington Phoenix’s McKain set for Saudi Arabia move. tribalfootball.com.
- Migliaccio, Val (19 July 2011). "Stout Australian stopper signs". Adelaide NOW. Retrieved 19 July 2011.
- McKain Named Reds Skipper. au.fourfourtwo.com.
- "Forkey Doe, others under threat as Kelantan plan to offload foreign contingent". Insight Newspaper.
- "PLAYERS LIST NEW IMPORT Kelantan 2015" (in Malaysian). Ammboi. 30 October 2014.
- McKain, Jon at National-Football-Teams.com