November 8, 1989|
Rock Hill, South Carolina
|Height:||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight:||209 lb (95 kg)|
|High school:||Rock Hill (SC)|
|NFL Draft:||2013 / Round: 5 / Pick: 143|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2016|
Jonathan Meeks (born November 8, 1989) is an American football safety who is currently a free agent. He played college football for Clemson University and was drafted by the Buffalo Bills in the fifth round of the 2013 NFL Draft.
Meeks attended Rock Hill High School in Rock Hill, South Carolina where he played quarterback and free safety as a senior. He had 896 rushing yards and 14 touchdowns, and 612 passing yards and seven touchdowns. Defensively, he recorded 69 tackles and two interceptions. He spent one semester at Hargrave Military Academy in Chatham, Virginia following high school, in order to raise his necessary test scores for NCAA standards.
Expected to back up Aaron Williams at SS with Duke Williams, who was also drafted in the 2013 NFL Draft. He was injured while playing against Cincinnati Bengals in Week 4 and was placed on the injured reserve designated to return list. He was released by the Bills on September 5, 2015. On September 6, 2015, the Bills signed Meeks to their practice squad. On September 23, 2015, Meeks was promoted to the active roster from the practice squad.
|Year||Team||GP||COMB||TOTAL||AST||SACK||FF||FR||FR YDS||INT||IR YDS||AVG IR||LNG||TD||PD|
- Jonathan Meeks - Yahoo Sports
- Meeks drafted by Bills in the 5th Round
- Bills placed S Jonathan Meeks on injured reserve/designated
- Orr, Conor (September 5, 2015). "Buffalo Bills release QB Matt Cassel". NFL.com. Retrieved September 14, 2015.
- "Bills add C Gabe Ikard to 53-man roster; Five signed to practice squad". BuffaloBills.com. September 6, 2015. Retrieved September 14, 2015.
- Brown, Chris (September 23, 2015). "Jonathan Meeks added to 53-man roster". BuffaloBills.com. Retrieved September 29, 2015.
|This biographical article relating to an American football defensive back born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|