|The Right Reverend
|Bishop of Lynn|
|Diocese||Diocese of Norwich|
|Other posts||Dean of Exeter (2005–2011)|
|Consecration||2 June 2011|
|Born||23 April 1952|
|Children||1 son and 2 daughters|
|Alma mater||St John's College, Oxford|
Early life and education
Meyrick was ordained as a deacon in 1976 and as a priest in 1977. After a curacy at Bicester he was domestic chaplain to the Bishop of Oxford from 1978 to 1981 and then a tutor in Old Testament studies at Codrington College, Barbados until 1984. He returned to the Diocese of Oxford as Team Vicar of Burnham with Dropmore, Hitcham and Taplow until 1990, when he moved to become Team Rector of Tisbury, Sarum and Wells until 1998.
While at Tisbury, he served as Rural Dean of Chalke Valley from 1997 to 1998, when he moved to become a canon residentiary at Rochester Cathedral, where he served as Canon Pastor and Acting Dean. On 21 May 2005, he was installed as Dean of Exeter, serving simultaneously (ex officio) as Priest-in-charge of Central Exeter. He has presented a weekly feature in The Express and Echo under the name of "Johnny Dean".
In March 2011, it was announced that Meyrick had been appointed as Bishop of Lynn, taking over from James Langstaff, Bishop of Rochester. He was consecrated as a bishop by Rowan Williams, Archbishop of Canterbury, at Westminster Abbey on 2 June 2011 and installed in Norwich Cathedral on 29 June 2011.
- The Reverend Jonathan Meyrick (1976–1998)
- The Reverend Canon Jonathan Meyrick (1998–2005)
- The Very Reverend Jonathan Meyrick (2005–2011)
- The Right Reverend Jonathan Meyrick (2011–present)
- Diocese of Norwich – New Bishop of Lynn
- Meyrick, Cyril Jonathan. ukwhoswho.com. Who's Who. 2016 (November 2015 online ed.). A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc. Retrieved 10 September 2016.
- Crockford's Clerical Directory 2008/2009 Lambeth, Church House Publishing ISBN 978-0-7151-1030-0
- Number 10 – Dean of Exeter
- East Devon- Chairman’s engagements
- This is Exeter – Johnny Dean
- Eastern Daily Press – New Bishop for King's Lynn
|Church of England titles|
|Dean of Exeter
|Bishop of Lynn