From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Democracy and Religion: Gladstone and the Liberal party, 1867-1875 (Cambridge, 1986).
- The Rise and Fall of Liberal Government in Victorian Britain (Yale 1993).
- Parliament and the Church, 1529-1960 (ed. with Stephen Taylor, 2000).
- Disraeli and England, Historical Journal (2000).
- The impact of Napoleon III on British politics, 1851-1880, Transactions of the Royal Historical Society (2001).
- The Politics of Patriotism: English Liberalism, national identity and Europe 1830-1886 (Cambridge, 2006).
- Benjamin Disraeli (Oxford, 2007).
- Liberalism and liberty, in Liberty and Authority in Victorian Britain, ed. P. Mandler (Oxford, 2007).
- Whig monarchy, Whig nation: Crown, politics and representativeness, 1880-2000, in The Monarchy and the British Nation, 1780 to the present, ed. A. Olechnowicz (Cambridge, 2007).
- The decline of institutional reform in nineteenth-century Britain, in Structures and Transformations in Modern British History, ed. D . Feldman and J. Lawrence (Cambridge, 2011).
- Steam power and British influence in Baghdad, 1820-1860, Historical Journal (March 2013).