This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Occupation||Author and senior vice president, Foundation for Defense of Democracies|
Views on Hamas
In a research paper titled "The Talibanization of Gaza: A Liability for the Muslim Brotherhood", Schanzer wrote that while Ismael Haniyeh officially denied that Hamas intended to establish an Islamic emirate, since the 2007 coup, the Gaza Strip has exhibited the characteristics of Talibanization, whereby the Islamist organization imposed strict rules on women, discouraged activities commonly associated with Western or Christian culture, oppressed non-Muslim minorities, imposed sharia law, and deployed religious police to enforce these laws.
- "Hamas vs. Fatah: The Struggle for Palestine", Palgrave Macmillan (November 11, 2008) ISBN 0-230-60905-8.
- "Al-Qaeda's Armies: Middle East Affiliate Groups & The Next Generation of Terror", Washington Institute for Near East Policy (October 1, 2004) ISBN 1-56171-884-X.
- "Foundation for Defense of Democracies". fdd.org. Retrieved 2011-05-23.
- The Talibanization of Gaza: A Liability for the Muslim Brotherhood. by Jonathan Schanzer. August 19, 2009. Current Trends in Islamist Ideology vol. 9
- Richard, Augustus. "Hamas vs. Fatah: The Struggle For Palestine (9780230609051): Jonathan Schanzer, Daniel Pipes: Books". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2011-05-23.
- John, Colonel. "Al-Qaeda's Armies: Middle East Affiliate Groups & The Next Generation of Terror (9781561718849): Jonathan Schanzer, Dennis Ross: Books". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2011-05-23.