July 12, 1979 |
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Fencing for St. John's University, Tiomkin won the bronze medal in foil at the 1999 NCAA Championships, and was a 1st-team All-American. In 2001 he came in 6th. He won the silver medal in 2002.
Tiomkin won that national title in foil in 1999 and 2003, and placed second in 2004.
Pan American Games
Tiomkin won the bronze medal in the 2005 Shanghai World Cup.
At the 2004 Summer Olympics, Tiomkin advanced to the round of 32, where he was defeated 3–15 by the number 1 seed, Andrea Cassarà of Italy. In the team foil event, the US team reached the semifinals, and finished in 4th place.
- Tiomkin is a 2002 graduate of St. John's University, where he was a finance major.
- Tiomkin trains at the Fencers Club. His coaches are Simon Gershon and Mikhail Petin.
- He lives in New York City.
- Tiomkin owns and runs a fencing club in Hewlett, New York called the Five Towns Fencers Club.
- Tiomkin is the son of Reuven and Rebecca Tiomkin.
- Enjoys cliff-diving, skydiving, and pool diving.
- "Jon Tiomkin (1979 - )". Jewish Virtual Library. Retrieved 11 September 2015.
- careym (March 31, 1976). "ST. JOHN'S FENCING 2000". Retrieved January 3, 2011.[dead link]
- "Observer Newspaper – Sports". Nd.edu. March 22, 2001. Archived from the original on March 1, 2007. Retrieved September 11, 2015.
- https://www.southwestfencing.org/01-02/ncaafencing2002NCAA2002.html[permanent dead link]
- https://www.fencing.net/forums/thread2088.html Archived May 23, 2015, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Jonathan Tiomkin Olympic Results". sports-reference.com. Retrieved 2011-07-24.
- "Elite Athletes: Jonathan Tiomkin". Maccabi World Union. Retrieved 11 September 2015.