Jonathan D. Tisdall (born August 26, 1958 in Buffalo, New York) is a grandmaster of chess (title awarded 1993) and works as a freelance journalist. An American citizen by origin, he became Irish and later Norwegian. His father is Irish and his mother is Japanese.
He is one of two people on the staff of the English-language section of the Norwegian newspaper Aftenposten's internet edition. He has also written articles in magazines such as The Spectator, The Economist, and Scanorama.
In recent years, he has been studying the Japanese chess variant of shogi.
- Tisdall, Jonathan (1997). Improve Your Chess Now. Everyman Chess. 224 pp. ISBN 1-85744-156-7.
- Seirawan, Yasser; Tisdall, Jonathan (1997), Five Crowns, International Chess Enterprises, ISBN 978-1879479029
- Capsule biography of Jonathan Tisdall – From Aftenposten's News in English/News from Norway staff page
- Jonathan Tisdall rating card at FIDE
- Jonathan Tisdall player profile and games at Chessgames.com
- USCF tournament record for Jon Tisdall – From the Member Services Area of the United States Chess Federation (USFC) website
|This biographical article relating to a Norwegian chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article relating to an American chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|