|Born||Jonathan Frederick Togo
August 25, 1977
Rockland, Massachusetts, US
|Years active||2001 - present|
|Spouse(s)||Diora Baird (2013-)|
Togo was born in Rockland, Massachusetts, the son of Sheila, a housewife and former visual merchandiser and Michael Togo, a commercial artist and graphic designer who previously worked for the Boston Globe. Sheila Togo now runs a booth at the SoWa Open Market in Boston called Simply Sheila.
Togo's mother is of Italian and Irish descent and his father is Jewish, with the original family surname, "Tonkaviev", shortened by a forefather who wanted something snappier for his carpet business.
He attended Hebrew school as a child and graduated from Rockland High School in 1995, where he was a wrestler. He attended the "Project Contemporary Competitiveness, Advanced Study Program" (a.k.a. PCC ASP) as a student in 1991 and 1992, then worked as a proctor in 1996.
He went on to attend Vassar College, graduating with a B.A. in theater, and furthered his studies at the National Theater Institute of the Eugene O’Neill Theater. While at Vassar he performed in a band named "The El Conquistadors" (originally named Skabba the Hut) with Sam Endicott and John Conway, both of whom are now members of the band The Bravery.
Togo has performed and participated in numerous plays, including Our Country's Good. While he is most famous for his role as Ryan Wolfe in CSI: Miami, he has other TV show credits including a starring role in Special Unit 2, as well as appearances in Judging Amy. He also played a store clerk in Mystic River.
Togo also starred in a web series called "Casted: The Continuing Chronicles of Derek Riffchyn, Greatest Casting Director in the World. Ever", where he plays the lead role of Derek: a sassy, somewhat abusive, and extremely crass casting director. Togo's real-life best friend Justin Long plays his assistant, Scott. In 2010, he signed on to play twin brothers Richard and Mark (who fall in love with the same woman), in the movie Identical.
- (A Rising Tide) as Roger (post-production 2014)
- (A Hundred Eighty Degrees) (Short)as Nick (post-production)(2014)
- (ex-best)as Frank (tv show 2015)
- (7 Chinese Brothers)as Don (2015)
- Covert Affairs
- Somebody Up There Likes Me (film) (2013)
- And Lily (short) (2013) as Nick
- Identical (film) (2011) as Richard and Mark
- CSI: Miami (2004–2012) as Ryan Wolfe
- Raccoon (2006) as Bailey
- The Jury (2004, 1 episode) as Dennis Dudley
- Ed (2003, 1 episode) as Keith Kessler
- Law & Order (2003, 1 episode) as Eddie
- Mystic River (2003) as Pete
- Judging Amy (2003, 1 episode) as Charles 'DJ Dizz' Simbour
- Special Unit 2 (2001–2002, 12 episodes) as Jonathan
- Harry's Law (2012, episode18, Breaking Points) as Randy Hessly
- "Jonathan Togo Film Reference bio". Filmreference.com. Retrieved 2014-02-28.
- "Jonathan Togo doesn't follow a script when it comes to home design". 2010-09-18. Retrieved 2013-09-30.
- "Elyse's CSI Crime Scene Investigation Site: CSI: Miami News". Members.aol.com. Retrieved 2014-02-28.
- "The Birthright Inspired Jewish Hollywood Executive Who Brought the Cast of CSI to Israel | Jewish & Israel News". Algemeiner.com. 2012-06-06. Retrieved 2014-02-28.
- "'CSI: Miami's' Jonathan Togo to Star in Atom.com's Release of 'My Best Friend Is My Penis'" (Press release). Morningstar, Inc. 2008-10-22. Retrieved 2009-01-22.
- "Covert Affairs' Recruits 'CSI: Miami' Star for Season 4 (Exclusive)". 2013-09-10. Retrieved 2013-09-30.