This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Nikki Wheeler (m. 2004)
Wilkes is panto star, being a regular at the Regent Theatre Stoke for 12 years. His most recent role playing Robin hood in 2018.
Early life and career
Jonathan Wilkes was born in Baddeley Green Stoke-on-Trent, to Eileen Wilkes and Graham Wilkes, and spent most of his childhood in Packmoor, an outlying village of Chell with his friend Robbie Williams. He has one older sister called Kay. He signed for Port Vale FC, aged seven, and played for Everton FC as a teenager. He was dropped from the team due to his unwillingness to 'eat, sleep and breathe football'.
In 1996, he won the Cameron Mackintosh Young Entertainer of the Year Award. From this, he went on to work in Blackpool under the name 'Jonathan and the Space Girls', until being spotted by Kevin Bishop of the BBC, who employed him as a presenter for the precursor channel to BBC3. He has since gone on to work in West End Musicals, and has presented You've Been Framed! He had a brief spell as a pop-music singer, reaching number 24 with "Just Another Day" in 2001.
Wilkes participates and assists in the organisation of Soccer Aid, an event he has been involved in since 2006 with his friend Robbie Williams.
| Host of You've Been Framed!
2003 - 2004
- "Home - James Grant". Jonathanwilkes.com. Retrieved 2012-04-30.
- "Jonny Wilkes: I can't help it if Robbie Williams is my best mate". Staff Life. 2013-12-20. Retrieved 2016-06-13.
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 603. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- "Jonny Wilkes: I can't help it if Robbie Williams is my best mate". Staff Life. 2013-12-20. Retrieved 2016-06-17.
- martintideswell (2012-09-22). "Why our Jonny changed goals to become a stage star". Martin Tideswell. Retrieved 2016-06-17.