Patton playing for Greater Western Sydney in June 2017
|Full name||Jonathon Patton|
|Date of birth||20 May 1993|
|Original team(s)||Eastern Ranges (TAC Cup)|
|Draft||No. 1, 2011 national draft|
|Height||198 cm (6 ft 6 in)|
|Weight||101 kg (223 lb)|
|Position(s)||Forward / Ruckman|
|Current club||Greater Western Sydney|
|2012–||Greater Western Sydney||86 (125)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of round 11, 2018.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Patton was taken with first selection in the 2011 AFL draft. Originally from Rowville, the 197 cm, 101 kg forward played for the Eastern Ranges in the 2011 TAC Cup season and was predicted to be the No 1 draft pick from early in the season.
Patton played his junior football with St Simons Knights Football Club, based in Rowville, before joining the Eastern Ranges in the TAC Cup. He was a member of the AIS AFL Academy and was awarded best and fairest for the Eastern Ranges in 2010, going on to be named captain of the squad in 2011.
Patton was recruited to the AFL by Greater Western Sydney with the first overall selection in the 2011 AFL National Draft. Patton travelled to Stockholm, Sweden in early 2012 for treatment on a jumper's knee injury, and missed the first eleven rounds of the 2012 season. Patton played his first AFL game on 16 June against Richmond, kicking one goal from seven disposals. In round 3, 2013, Patton's tenth career game, he suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament, which would see him miss the remainder of the 2013 season. In round 21, 2014 after having a break out year Patton re-torn his ACL in the right knee and underwent a traditional knee reconstruction, which saw him miss 12 months.
- Giant Patton leads GWS draft domination. Abc.net.au (24 November 2011). Retrieved on 2016-06-28.
- Ryan, Conor (30 April 2011). "Big, fast and ready".
- Steele, Allan (8 November 2012). "BASKETBALL: UC Riverside men's preview".
- Smart, Nick (25 November 2014). "Brothers Jon and Chris Patton pursuing their sporting dreams in Aussie Rules and basketball". Herald Sun.
- Patton to miss start of AFL season – ABC Grandstand Sport (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
- Landsberger, Sam (13 April 2013). "Greater Western Sydney forward Jon Patton has gone down with a knee injury". Herald Sun. Retrieved 14 April 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jonathon Patton.|