|Location||20-3 Jongno 1-ga,
55 Jongno Jiha,
|Operated by||Seoul Metro|
|August 15, 1974||Line 1 opened|
|Passengers||(Daily) Based on Jan-Dec of 2012.
Line 1: 92,954
On every New Year's Day, the bell ceremony (Jeyaeui Jong Tajongsik) is held at Boshingak, the nearby bell pavilion. (The name of the station comes from this pavilion, jong meaning bell and gak pavilion.) At those times the area is so crowded with tens of thousands of Seoulites that trains do not stop at Jonggak as to avoid any accidents.
|Lobby||Customer Service, Shops, Vending machines, ATMs|
Line 1 platforms
|Southbound||→ Line 1 toward Incheon or Sinchang (City Hall) →|
|Northbound||← Line 1 toward Soyosan (Jongno 3 (sam)-ga)|
The following places are accessible from this station's exits as listed.
- Exit 1: Gwanghwamun; National Tax Office; U.S.A. Embassy; Seoul Fire and Accident Prevention Headquarters; Jongno Gu Office; Jongno Fire Station; Gwanghwamun Station (Line 5)
- Exit 2: Gongpyeon Dong; Anguk Dong; Jogyesa
- Exit 3: Insa Dong; Seoul YMCA
- Exit 4: Gwancheol Dong; Boshingak; Korea Development Bank
- Exit 5: Mugyo Dong; Gwanggyo; Insurance Agency; Korea Tourism Organization
- Exit 6: Seorim Dong; Gwanghwamun Post Office
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jonggak Station.|
- Monthly Number of Passengers between Subway Stations. Korea Transportation Database, 2013. Retrieved 2013-10-15.
|Preceding station||Seoul Metropolitan Subway||Following station|