Jongno 3-ga Station
|Jongno 3-ga Station|
|Daily ridership||Based on Jan-Dec of 2012.
Line 1: 72,780
Line 3: 19,055
Line 5: 26,250
|Address||61-68 Jongno 3-ga,
129 Jongno Jiha,
|Date opened||August 15, 1974|
|Platforms/tracks||2 / 2|
21 Donhwamunno Jiha,
|Date opened||October 18, 1985|
|Platforms/tracks||1 / 2|
5 Donhwamunno 11-gil Jiha,
|Date opened||December 30, 1996|
|Platforms/tracks||1 / 2|
In December 2010 the station is recorded as having the fifth highest WiFi data consumption of all the Seoul Metropolitan Subway stations, following Express Bus Terminal Station, Sadang Station, Dongdaemun Station and Jamsil Station.
|Lobby||Customer Service, Shops, Vending machines, ATMs|
Line 1 platforms
|Eastbound||→ Line 1 toward Incheon or Sinchang (Jonggak) →|
|Westbound||← Line 1 toward Soyosan (Jongno 5 (o)-ga)|
Line 3 platform
|Northbound||← Line 3 toward Daehwa (Anguk)|
|Southbound||→ Line 3 toward Ogeum (Euljiro 3 (sam)-ga) →|
Line 5 platform
|Westbound||← Line 5 toward Banghwa (Gyeongbokgung)|
|Eastbound||→ Line 5 toward Sangil-dong or Macheon (Euljiro 4 (sa)-ga) →|
The following places are accessible from this station's exits as listed.
- Exit 1: Jongno 1, 2, 3, 4 Ga Dong Office, Jongno 2 Ga Post Office, Jongno 2 Ga Public Safety Centre, Tapgol Park; Insa Dong
- Exit 2; 2-1: Changdeokgung
- Exit 3: Donui Dong; Jongno 3 Ga Fire Station; Jongno 3 Ga Public Safety Centre; Jongmyo; Jongmyo Citizens' Park
- Exit 4: Nakwon Dong
- Exit 5: Seoul Gyodong Primary School; Seoul Unhyeon Primary School; Jongnno 1, 2, 3, 4 Ga Dong Office; Jongno 2 Ha Post Office; Jongno 2 Ga Public Safety Centre; Jongno Tax Office; Tapgol Park
- Exit 6: Jongno 3 Ga Fire Station
- Exit 7: Anguk Dong; Donhwamun; Jongno 3 Ga Public Safety Centre; Changdeokgung
- Exit 8: Myo Dong; Changdeokgung; Jongmyo Citizens' Park
- Exit 9: Jongmyo; Jongno 3 Ga Fire Station; Jongno 3 Ga Public Safety Centre
- Exit 10: Jongmyo; Jongmyo Citizens' Park
- Exit 11: Daerim Shopping
- Exit 12: Jongno 4 Ga
- Exit 13: Jangsa Dong; Cheonggyecheon 3 Ga
- Exit 14: Cheonggyecheon 3 Ga; Seoul Teenagers' Training Centre
- Exit 15: Gwansu Dong; Jongno 2 Ga; Industrial Bank of Korea, End of Jongno
In January 2013, the Seoul Metropolitan Rapid Transit Corporation, which operates this line, published free guidebooks in three languages: English, Japanese and Chinese (simplified and traditional), which features eight tours as well as recommendations for accommodations, restaurants and shopping centers. The tours are designed with different themes, e.g. Korean traditional culture, which goes from this station to Anguk Station and Gyeongbokgung Station on line No 3 that showcases antique shops and art galleries of Insa-dong.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jongno 3-ga Station.|
- Monthly Number of Passengers between Subway Stations. Korea Transportation Database, 2013. Retrieved 2013-10-15.
- "Seoul Subway Line No. 2 Becomes Major WiFi Hotspot". Chosun Ilbo. 24 December 2010. Retrieved 25 April 2012.
- Kwon, Sang-soo (26 January 2013). "Free guide for Seoul’s subway riders". Joongang Daily. Retrieved 27 January 2013.
|Preceding station||Seoul Metropolitan Subway||Following station|