|Neighbourhood in Dhanbad|
|Elevation||153 m (502 ft)|
|• Official||Hindi, Urdu|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Jorapokhar was an assembly constituency of Bihar from 1962 to 1967 and was represented by Ram Narain Sharma. Sindri town was in this constituency, later Sindri became a Vidhan Sabha constituency from 1967.
As of 2001[update] India census, Jorapokhar had a population of 85,218. Males constitute 54% of the population and females 46%. Jorapokhar has an average literacy rate of 65%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 74%, and female literacy is 55%. In Jorapokhar, 14% of the population is under 6 years of age.
- "Dhanbad Municipal Corporation". DMC. Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- "Dhanbad Dsitrict Map". Physical Map of Dhanbad. Jharkhand Government. Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- "Dhanbad Municipal Corporation". प्रादेशिक निर्वाचन क्षेत्रों की सूची (in Hindi). Jharkhand Government. Retrieved 19 October 2017.
- "Dhanbad – Welcome to the Coal Capital of India". Administrative Structure of Dhanbad District – List of Thana and Outpost of Dhanbad Outpost. Jharkhand Government. Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
|This article related to a location in Jharkhand is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|