Jordan was born in Palo Alto, California and graduated from New York University. In 1999, he co-created and starred in The Bomb-itty of Errors, a so-called "Add-Rap-Tation" of Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors, that mixed hip-hop and Shakespeare. The show debuted in New York (Off-Broadway) at 45 Bleecker St. and went on to run in London (West End), Chicago, Los Angeles, Amsterdam, Edinburgh, Dublin, Florida, Philadelphia, St. Louis, and continues to play around the world. The Bomb-itty is published by Samuel French.
In 2004, Jordan formed Famous Last Nerds with collaborator Erik Weiner their musical comedy Nerds, about Bill Gates and Steve Jobs' rise from garage inventors to titans of the digital age premiered at New York Stage and Film in 2005 and won Barrymore Awards for Outstanding New Play and Outstanding Original Music in 2007. Their video Shawshank In A Minute was directed by John Landis and won Jib-Jab's Great Sketch Experiment in 2006. Jordan co-wrote many songs with Erik Weiner including, "I'm So Straight", One Line on the Sopranos and I Google Myself produced by Yung Mars.
Jordan has also written for and produced television shows such as America's Best Dance Crew, Snoop Dogg's Fatherhood, NBC's The Sing-Off, the MTV Movie Awards, and the HBO poetry show Brave New Voices.
In addition to writing and producing Jordan founded a software company in 2004 called Talking Panda, that creates applications for mobile devices. Talking Panda's software iLingo a talking phrasebook was among the first products in the apple store  and was featured in Time Magazine in the Nov 03, 2008 issue. Talking Panda iLingo was also included in the iPhone App store on the day it launched.
- "The 60th Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations". ComingSoon.net. 2008-07-17. Retrieved 2010-12-17.
- Cagle, Jess (2000-02-10). "They're Da Bomb | News". EW.com. Retrieved 2010-12-17.
- "JibJab Audience Votes Comedy Troupe "Famous Last Nerds" Winner Of Great Sketch Experiment". Prweb.com. Retrieved 2010-12-17.
- Ben Westhoff (2009-01-21). "Rappers with low self-esteem: Bragging about going broke - Page 1 - Music - San Francisco". SF Weekly. Retrieved 2010-12-17.
- "Talking Panda - Software Publisher Profile - Download.com". Download.cnet.com. Retrieved 2010-12-17.
- "XtremeMac announces Talking Panda iLingo - Language translator for iPod | iLounge News". Ilounge.com. Retrieved 2010-12-17.
- "Bon Voyage: iLingo on iPhone | iPhone applications | iPhone Games | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Tips |iPhone News updated daily.". iPhone Footprint. 2008-07-30. Retrieved 2010-12-17.