|Spouse||Nancy Cooperstein (1966–present)|
Jordan Charney (born April 1, 1937) is an American character actor.
Many of his earliest roles were on daytime television, with appearances in numerous soaps. Jordan created the role of creepy Julian Dark in the early to mid-1960s on the CBS soap, The Secret Storm. He played Sam Lucas, a former convict who became a lawyer, in both Another World and its spin-off Somerset, playing the role from 1967 to 1974. He also appeared as Lt. Vince Wolek on One Life to Live (1975–1977). Other roles were on Love of Life and All My Children.
Charney portrayed newspaper editor Ted Bergman in the 1977 CBS series The Andros Targets. In 1980, he played Capt. Roger Westerby, an old flame of Corabeth Godsey, in a season eight episode of The Waltons. He had a recurring role as Frank Angelino, Jack Tripper's boss, on Three's Company (1981–1983). He is often cast as a judge, attorney, prison warden, or police officer. He has made appearances on Falcon Crest, Dynasty, Night Court and 100 Centre Street, among many other series. He can also be seen in the recurring role of Judge Donald Karan on Law & Order.
- Plaza Suite (1971) – Jesse's Aide (uncredited)
- The Hospital (1971) – Hitchcock
- Network (1976) – Harry Hunter
- Those Lips, Those Eyes (1980)
- Separate Ways (1981) – Harry Bartoff
- Frances (1982) – Harold Clurman
- Ghostbusters (1984) – Dean Yeager
- Witches' Brew (1985) – Charlie Reynolds
- Creator (1985) – Dr. Whitaker
- My Little Girl (1986) – Dr. Gruner
- Queenie in Love (2001) – Father
- Mo (2007) – Dr. Leahman
- Anamorph (2007) – Chairman (final film role)
- Willis, John (January 1, 2004). Theatre World 2000-2001: Special Tony Honor Edition. Hal Leonard Corporation. p. 224. ISBN 1557835233 – via Google Books.