This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||April 1, 1937|
(1966–present; 2 children)
Jordan Charney is an American character actor.
Many of his earliest roles were on daytime television, with appearances in numerous soaps. Jordan created the role of creepy Julian Dark in the early to mid-1960s on the CBS soap, The Secret Storm. He played Sam Lucas, a former convict who became a lawyer, in both Another World and its spin-off Somerset, playing the role from 1967 to 1974. He also appeared as Lt. Vince Wolek on One Life to Live (1975–1977). Other roles were on Love of Life and All My Children.
Charney portrayed newspaper editor Ted Bergman in the 1977 CBS series The Andros Targets. He had a recurring role as Frank Angelino, Jack Tripper's boss, on Three's Company (1981–1983). He is often cast as a judge, attorney, prison warden, or police officer. He has made appearances on Falcon Crest, Dynasty, Night Court and 100 Centre Street, among many other series. He can also be seen in the recurring role of Judge Donald Karan on Law & Order.
- Plaza Suite (1971) – Jesse's Aide (uncredited)
- The Hospital (1971) – Hitchcock
- Network (1976) – Harry Hunter
- Those Lips, Those Eyes (1980)
- Separate Ways (1981) – Harry Bartoff
- Frances (1982) – Harold Clurman
- Ghostbusters (1984) – Dean Yeager
- Witches' Brew (1985) – Charlie Reynolds
- Creator (1985) – Dr. Whitaker
- My Little Girl (1986) – Dr. Gruner
- Queenie in Love (2001) – Father
- Mo (2007) – Dr. Leahman
- Anamorph (2007) – Chairman (final film role)
|This article about a United States film and television actor or actress born in the 1930s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|