Jordan Clarke (footballer)
|Date of birth||19 November 1991|
|Place of birth||Coventry, England|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|2014–2015||→ Yeovil Town (loan)||5||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 10:51, 17 March 2017 (UTC).
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 21:15, 11 March 2012 (UTC)
A former captain of the academy U16 side, Clarke made his professional debut for his hometown club as a substitute on 9 August 2009, in a 2–1 Football League Championship win against Ipswich Town. Three days later, he made his full debut against Hartlepool in the League Cup, playing 104 minutes. He was unfortunate to be sent off after a controversial second yellow card in only his fourth league start in the away loss to Derby County on 6 November. On 9 December, he was injured and substituted in the first half during the 2–0 loss to Newcastle United at home. It was later confirmed that he will be out for around three months due to knee ligament damage. On 22 October 2010 he scored his first goal for the club in a 3–0 win against Barnsley at the Ricoh Arena. In March 2012 he scored his second goal for Coventry in a 2–2 draw away to Cardiff City.
On 1 July 2013, Coventry manager Steven Pressley confirmed that Jordan Clarke was one of 8 players surplus to requirements at the club. However, this decision was reversed a week later and Clarke was brought back into the first team squad. Since then Jordan Clarke has been primarily used as a centre-back at the club and put in a number of impressive performances to earn a new long-term contract.
Clarke was called into the England under-19 squad for the friendly against Russia in September 2009. He played a large part in helping England advance to the elite qualification round for the 2010 European Championships.
- As of 17 March 2017.
|Club||Season||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Other||Total|
|Yeovil Town (loan)||2014–15||League One||5||2||2||1||0||0||0||0||7||3|
|Scunthorpe United||2014–15||League One||24||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||24||0|
- "Jordan Clarke 'will be stronger after Robbie Savage treatment'". Coventry Telegraph. 13 November 2009.
- "Jordan Clarke ruled out for three months with knee ligament damage". Coventry Telegraph. 12 December 2009.
- "Coventry 3–0 Barnsley" BBC Sport. 22 October 2010. Retrieved 21 March 2012.
- "Cardiff 2–2 Coventry" BBC Sport. 21 March 2012. Retrieved 21 March 2012.
- "Yeovil and Coventry City in Jordan Clarke and Aaron Martin deal". BBC Sport. 29 October 2014. Retrieved 29 October 2014.
- "Jordan Clarke joins Scunthorpe United from Coventry City". BBC Sport. 10 January 2015. Retrieved 11 January 2015.
- "Clarke picked for England". 2 September 2009. Archived from the original on 5 September 2009. Retrieved 25 October 2009.
- Jordan Clarke at Soccerbase