|No. 37 – Pittsburgh Steelers|
December 25, 1990|
Elmont, New York
|Height:||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight:||200 lb (91 kg)|
Royal Palm Beach|
(Royal Palm Beach, Florida)
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 3, 2018|
Jordan Isaac Aldon Dangerfield (born December 25, 1990) is an American football safety for the Pittsburgh Steelers of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Towson and was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Buffalo Bills in 2013. Dangerfield has also been a member of the Brooklyn Bolts of the FXFL.
Early and personal life
He attended Royal Palm Beach High School in Royal Palm Beach, Florida, where he played football as a receiver and defensive back, was named to Palm Beach Post and Sun-Sentinel first team as a junior and senior, and received second-team All-Florida honors as a senior in 2008. He then attended Hofstra University, for whom he played in eight games, and after it closed its football program he attended Towson University. In 2010 for Towson he was named first team All-CAA and first team All-ECAC, as well as first team All-American by College Sports Journal, and was named Towson University's Male Athlete of the Year. In 2011 he was named first team All-Colonial Athletic Association, and in 2012 he was named pre-season All-CAA and earned third team pre-season All-America honors from The Sports Network.
Dangerfield was signed by the Bills as an undrafted rookie free agent following the 2013 NFL Draft. He was released by the team on August 30, 2013.
Dangerfield signed a reserve/future contract with the Steelers on January 10, 2014. He was released on August 26, and signed to the practice squad on November 5. He was released and re-signed to the practice squad throughout the 2014 and 2015 seasons before making the final roster in 2016.
On January 27, 2017, Dangerfield re-signed with the Steelers on a one-year deal. On September 4, Dangerfield was waived/injured by the Steelers and placed on injured reserve. He was released on September 8. He was re-signed to the practice squad on October 16. He signed a reserve/future contract with the Steelers on January 15, 2018.
- Coen, Andrew (2009-10-09). "Inside the Pride: Hofstra DB perseveres through tragedy". Inside the Pride. Retrieved 2016-10-01.
- Towson Athletics
- Jordan Dangerfield Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com
- Jordan Dangerfield's (Royal Palm Beach, FL) Football Stats
- Athletes Advantage Jordan Dangerfield: Finally Gets His Shot
- "Steelers sign 10 players to the Practice Squad". Steelers.com. September 6, 2015. Retrieved January 31, 2017.
- Bryan, Dave (January 27, 2017). "Report: Steelers Re-Sign S Jordan Dangerfield". SteelersDepot.com.
- "Roster moves continue for Steelers". Steelers.com. September 4, 2017.
- "Jordan Dangerfield: Reaches injury settlement". CBSSports.com. September 8, 2017.
- Varley, Teresa (January 15, 2018). "Steelers sign two to extensions". Steelers.com.