Jordan Evans (American football)
Evans with the Bengals in 2017.
|No. 50 – Cincinnati Bengals|
|Born:||January 27, 1995|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||242 lb (110 kg)|
|High school:||Norman North (OK)|
|NFL Draft:||2017 / Round: 6 / Pick: 193|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2019|
Evans attended and played college football at Oklahoma. He contributed from 2013-2016. On October 3, 2015, against West Virginia, he recorded a fumble recovery, which he took 41 yards for a touchdown.
|Height||Weight||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 3 in
|4.51 s||1.56 s||2.67 s||4.17 s||7.01 s||38 1⁄2 in
|9 ft 11 in
|All values from Oklahoma’s Pro Day|
|Bengals draft Jordan Evans 193rd overall|
Throughout training camp, Evans competed for a roster spot against Brandon Bell, Bryson Albright, Paul Dawson, Hardy Nickerson Jr., and Marquis Flowers. Head coach Marvin Lewis named Evans a backup outside linebacker to begin the regular season, behind Nick Vigil, Vincent Rey, and Carl Lawson.
He made his professional regular season debut in the Cincinnati Bengals’ season-opener against the Baltimore Ravens and made one solo tackle during their 20–0 loss. Evans was inactive for the Bengals’ Week 4 victory at the Cleveland Browns due to a hamstring injury. On December 4, 2017, Evans earned his first career start in place of Nick Vigil who was inactive due to a knee injury. Evans recorded five combined tackles during a 23–20 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers in Week 13. In Week 14, he collected a season-high ten combined tackles (nine solo) as the Bengals lost 33–7 to the Chicago Bears. He finished his rookie season in 2017 with 38 combined tackles (27 solo) and two pass deflections in 15 games and four starts.
On January 8, 2018, the Cincinnati Bengals announced their decision to hire former Detroit Lions’ defensive coordinator Teryl Austin as the new defensive coordinator after it was left vacant by the departure of Paul Guenther to the Oakland Raiders. Evans entered training camp slated as a starting outside linebacker. Head coach Marvin Lewis named Evans the starting weakside linebacker to begin the regular season, alongside Nick Vigil and middle linebacker Preston Brown. Evans started in place of Vontaze Burfict who was serving a four-game suspension.
On October 23, 2018, Evans collected a season-high 11 combined tackles (seven solo), deflected a pass, made 1.5 sacks, and made his first career interception during a 37–34 win against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Week 8. Evans intercepted a pass by Buccaneers’ quarterback Jameis Winston, that was intended for tight end Cameron Brate, and returned it for a seven-yard gain during the third quarter. On November 13, 2018, the Cincinnati Bengals announced their decision to fire defensive coordinator Teryl Austin after they lost 51–14 to the New Orleans Saints in Week 10. Head coach Marvin Lewis stated he would take over duties as defensive coordinator for the remainder of the season. He was placed on injured reserve on December 28, 2018 with an ankle injury. He finished his second season fifth on the team with 61 tackles through 14 games and five starts.
- John McKelvey, CNHI Sports, Oklahoma. "Entering NFL Draft week, Jordan Evans defines hometown hero".CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- "Jordan Evans College Stats". College Football at Sports-Reference.com. Retrieved August 2, 2019.
- "West Virginia at Oklahoma Box Score, October 3, 2015". College Football at Sports-Reference.com. Retrieved August 2, 2019.
- "Jordan Evans, DS #14 OLB, Oklahoma". DraftScout.com. Retrieved December 6, 2018.
- Howe, Connor (April 29, 2017). "NFL Draft 2017: Cincinnati Bengals pick Oklahoma linebacker Jordan Evans in Round 6". CincyJungle.com. Retrieved May 13, 2017.
- "Spotrac.com: Jordan Evans contract". Spotrac.com. Retrieved December 6, 2018.
- "2017 Bengals Competition: Defensive Line and Linebackers". Yahoo.com. Retrieved December 6, 2018.
- "Ourlads.com: Cincinnati Bengals Depth Chart: 10/01/2017". Ourlads.com. Retrieved December 6, 2018.
- Marcum, Jason (September 5, 2017). "Bengals release Week 1 depth chart: Joe Mixon RB3; Pat Sims starting at NT". cincyjungle.com. Retrieved December 6, 2018.
- Skinner, Richard (October 8, 2017). "Rookie WR, backup guards join four injured players on Bengals inactive list for Bills game". local12.com. Retrieved December 6, 2018.
- "NFL Player stats: Jordan Evans (career)". NFL.com. Retrieved December 6, 2018.
- Bergman, Jeremy (January 8, 2018). "Bengals hire Teryl Austin as defensive coordinator". NFL.com. Retrieved December 6, 2018.
- "Bengals depth chart: Alex Redmond to start at right guard in Week 1". cincyjungle.com. September 4, 2018. Retrieved December 7, 2018.
- "Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict suspended for four games". NFL.com. Retrieved August 2, 2019.
- "NFL Player stats: Jordan Evans (2018)". NFL.com. Retrieved December 6, 2018.
- "Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Cincinnati Bengals - October 28th, 2018". pro-football-reference.com. Retrieved December 7, 2018.
- "Bengals fire defensive coordinator, Jackson re-joining staff". dailyherald.com. Retrieved December 6, 2018.
- "Bengals Make Player Moves Before Week 17". Bengals.com. December 28, 2018.
- "2018 Cincinnati Bengals Statistics & Players". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved August 2, 2019.