Mills with the Chicago Bears
|No. 79 Buffalo Bills|
|Date of birth:||December 24, 1990|
|Place of birth:||Thibodaux, Louisiana|
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||316 lb (143 kg)|
|High school:||Napoleonville (LA) Assumption|
|NFL Draft:||2013 / Round: 5 / Pick: 163|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2015|
Jordan Michael Mills (born December 24, 1990) is an American football offensive tackle for the Buffalo Bills of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Chicago Bears in the fifth round of the 2013 NFL Draft. He played college football at Louisiana Tech.
Mills lettered four years at Assumption High School in Napoleonville, Louisiana. He was a two-time all-district selection for District 8-5A, and was named honorable mention all-state as a senior. He also lettered in basketball for three years and threw the shot put on the track team for three years, while helping lead the track team to regionals as a junior. Considered a three-star recruit by Rivals.com, he was rated the 53rd best offensive tackle in the nation. He accepted a scholarship from Louisiana Tech over offers from Southern Mississippi and Tulane.
In 2009, as a true freshman, Mills, saw action in seven games, starting at left guard in the last five. In 2010, the coaching staff originally planned to redshirt Mills, but a season-ending knee injury to teammate Cudahy Harmon forced Tech to pull the redshirt off him. He would go on to play in five games, starting in four at right tackle. In 2011, he started in all 13 games, paving the way for Tech's tailbacks to rush for over 1,800 yards. As a senior, he started in all 12 games, and earned first team all-conference honors.
2013 NFL Draft
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 5 in||314 lb||34 in||9 3/4 in||5.37 s||4.88 s||8.10 s||28.5 in||8 ft 5 in||20 reps|
|All values from NFL Scouting Combine|
On May 1, 2013, Mills and sixth-round pick Cornelius Washington were the first players to sign, both signing four-year contracts. After a strong preseason, he won the starting right tackle job. Mills started all sixteen games for the Bears, allowing three sacks in 1,022 plays. In the first quarter of week seventeen against the Green Bay Packers, Mills suffered a fractured fifth metatarsal bone in his left foot when leaving the field, and required surgery.
- Mayer, Larry (2014-05-06). "Mills, McCown win Piccolo Awards". Chicago Bears. Retrieved 2014-05-06.
- "Jordan Mills Draft Profile". National Football League. 2013-04-27. Retrieved 2013-04-27.
- Associated Press (2013-04-27). "Bears go for linebacker, tackle on last draft day". The Register-Mail. Retrieved 2013-04-27.
- "Bears sign draft picks Mills, Washington". Chicago Tribune. 2013-05-01. Retrieved 2013-05-01.
- Seligman, Andrew (2013-09-05). "Bears' Long, Mills face big test right from start". My Fox Detroit. Retrieved 2013-09-05.
- Wright, Michael C. (2014-01-03). "RT Mills undergoes foot surgery". ESPN. Retrieved 2014-01-05.
- "Bears waive right tackle Jordan Mills as roster revision continues". Chicago Tribune. 2015-09-07. Retrieved 2015-09-07.
- "Jordan Mills claimed by Dallas Cowboys from Bears". NFL.com. 2015-09-07. Retrieved 2015-09-07.
- George, Brandon (September 14, 2015). "Dallas Cowboys waive OT Jordan Mills, expected to sign OT Charles Brown". The Dallas Morning News. Retrieved September 19, 2015.
- Rogers, Justin (September 16, 2015). "Detroit Lions sign OT Jordan Mills to practice squad". MLive.com. Retrieved September 19, 2015.
- "Bills Sign Jordan Mills - Pro Player Insiders". proplayerinsiders.com. Retrieved 2016-05-24.
- Mayer, Larry (April 27, 2013). "Bears pick Mills after trading down in fifth round". Chicago Bears. Retrieved April 27, 2013.
- "ITB: Big guys, compact cars". Chicago Bears. October 15, 2013.