Poyer playing for the Cleveland Browns in 2016
|No. 21 Buffalo Bills|
|Date of birth:||April 25, 1991|
|Place of birth:||Dallas, Oregon|
|Height:||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight:||191 lb (87 kg)|
|High school:||Astoria (OR)|
|NFL Draft:||2013 / Round: 7 / Pick: 218|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2016|
Jordan Poyer (born April 25, 1991) is an American football free safety for the Buffalo Bills of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football for Oregon State University and was named a consensus All-American. He was drafted by the Philadelphia Eagles in the seventh round of the 2013 NFL Draft and has also played for the Cleveland Browns.
Poyer played baseball, basketball, and football at Astoria High School. As a freshman, he helped the baseball team win the state championship. As a senior, he was named Oregon's player of the year and was drafted by the Florida Marlins. In 2009, Poyer was named the basketball Cowapa League Player of the Year. He was a quarterback and safety on the football team and had 123 touchdowns in three years. In his senior season, he was the state's player of the year on offense and defense.
Poyer attended Oregon State University and played for the Oregon State Beavers football team from 2009 to 2012. As a true freshman in 2009, he played in 13 games and had 11 tackles. The following season, he had 1,109 all-purpose yards and 34 tackles at the cornerback position.
Poyer started 12 games in 2011. He was the team's primary punt returner and averaged 14.1 yards per return. His four interceptions ranked first in the Pac-12, and he also had 57 tackles. In 2012, Poyer had 51 tackles. He again led the Pac-12 in interceptions, with seven. That season, he was named to the All-Pac-12 first team and was also a consensus All-American.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 0 in||191 lb||31 3⁄4 in||9 3⁄4 in||4.54 s||4.18 s||6.87 s||30 1⁄2 in||9 ft 10 in||8 reps|
|All values from NFL Combine|
On October 18, 2016, Poyer was placed on injured reserve after suffering a lacerated kidney in Week 6.
Poyer was born in Dallas, Oregon, in 1991. His parents are Faalaeo and Julie Poyer & he has one brother. He is 6 feet tall and weighs 191 pounds. Poyer's major at Oregon State was elementary education.Poyer and fiancé Rachel Bush welcomed a baby girl on December 30, 2016.
- "Jordan Poyer Draft Profile". nfl.com. Retrieved February 9, 2013.
- "Jordan Poyer Profile". osubeavers.com. Retrieved February 9, 2013. Archived March 12, 2013, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Jordan Poyer Stats". sports-reference.com. Retrieved February 9, 2013.
- "Pac-12 All-Conference". scribd.com. November 26, 2012. Retrieved February 9, 2013.
- "Eagles select Oregon State CB Jordan Poyer in 7th round". washingtonpost.com. April 27, 2013. Retrieved April 27, 2013.[dead link]
- Gowton, Brandon Lee (October 19, 2013). "Eagles activate RB Matthew Tucker, release CB Jordan Poyer". BleedingGreenNation.com. Retrieved March 9, 2017.
- Hartstein, Larry (October 21, 2013). "Browns claim cornerback Jordan Poyer". CBSSports.com. Retrieved March 9, 2017.
- "Browns elevate DB Ed Reynolds to active roster, place DB Jordan Poyer on IR". ClevelandBrowns.com. October 18, 2016.
- Brown, Chris (March 9, 2017). "Bills agree to terms with five including S Hyde and K Hauschka". BuffaloBills.com.