15 August 1989 |
Wellington, New Zealand
|Height||188 cm (6 ft 2 in)|
|Weight||98 kg (15 st 6 lb)|
Jordan Rapana (born 15 August 1989) is a New Zealand rugby league footballer who currently plays for the Canberra Raiders in the National Rugby League. He plays at wing and fullback and previously played for the Gold Coast Titans .
Born in Wellington, New Zealand, Rapana is of Māori specifically the Ngāti Toa Iwi (tribe) descent and moved to the Gold Coast, Queensland as a 10-year-old, playing his junior football for the Tugun Seahawks, before being signed by the Gold Coast Titans. He attended Palm Beach Currumbin State High School.
In 2008, Rapana played for the Gold Coast Titans' NYC team. In Round 18 of the 2008 NRL season, he made his NRL debut for the Titans against the Sydney Roosters. At the end of 2008, he was named on the interchange bench in the 2008 NYC Team of the Year and played for the New Zealand Māori rugby league team.
In 2013, Rapana moved to Canberra to play for the Queanbeyan Blues in the TTM Canberra Raiders Cup and also to train with the Brumbies in the hope of gaining a contract. On 24 June, he signed a 2-year contract with the Canberra Raiders effective immediately. At the end of 2013, he played for the Cook Islands in the 2013 Rugby League World Cup.
On 7 August, Rapana re-signed with the Raiders on a 1-year contract. In Round 22 of the 2014 NRL season, he made his debut for the Raiders against the Parramatta Eels, his first NRL game since 2008.
On 8 May, Rapana re-signed with the Raiders on a 2-year contract. On 17 October, he played for the Cook Islands in their Asia-Pacific Qualifier match against Tonga for the 2017 Rugby League World Cup.
In round 8, Rapana scored 4 tries in the Raiders' 60-6 win over the Wests Tigers. He finished the 2016 season with 23 tries, equal most with Suliasi Vunivalu, and breaking the Canberra club record
|Season by Season|
|Season||Team||Games (Win-Draw-Lose)||Tries||Goals||Field Goals||Points|
- "Round 5 Raiders Vs Eels". NRL.com.au. 2017. Retrieved 2017-04-04.
- Jordan Rapana rugbyleagueproject.org
-  Archived 16 September 2013 at the Wayback Machine.
- "NRL 2008 - Round 18". Rugbyleagueproject.org. Retrieved 2015-05-08.
- Chris Wilson (2014-08-05). "Anthony Milford to halves as Canberra Raiders make massive changes". Smh.com.au. Retrieved 2015-05-08.
- "Force sign cross-code youngster | Live Rugby News". Espnscrum.com. Retrieved 2015-05-08.
- Justin Chadwick. "Force recruit NRL's Will Tupou". Smh.com.au. Retrieved 2015-05-08.
- "Jordan Rapana signs with the Raiders | NRL". Zerotackle.com. 2013-06-24. Retrieved 2015-05-08.
- "Jordan Rapana Re-Signs with the Raiders for 2015". Raiders.com.au. Retrieved 2015-05-08.
- "Late Mail NRL: Raiders v Eels". Raiders.com.au. Retrieved 2015-05-08.
- "Rapana Re-Signs". Raiders.com.au. Retrieved 2015-05-08.
- Jon Tuxworth. "NRL: Jordan Rapana runs rampant as Canberra Raiders thrash awful Tigers". Smh.com.au. Retrieved 2016-04-30.
- David Polkinghorne. "Jordan Rapana re-signs with Canberra Raiders until end of 2019 NRL Season". canberratimes.com.au. Retrieved 2017-03-10.
- stuff.co.nz. "Kiwis winger Jordan Ropana re-signs with Canberra Raiders until end of 2019". stuff.co.nz. Retrieved 2017-03-11.