Jordi Figueras Montel
Jordi in training with Rubin Kazan
|Full name||Jordi Figueras Montel|
|Date of birth||16 May 1987|
|Place of birth||Lleida, Spain|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|2005–2008||Real Madrid C|
|2010–2011||→ Valladolid (loan)||25||(2)|
|2011–2012||→ Rayo Vallecano (loan)||17||(0)|
|2013||→ Rayo Vallecano (loan)||14||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 21 October 2018|
Born in Lleida, Catalonia, Jordi had an unsuccessful short spell at Real Madrid where he arrived at age 18 from his hometown club UE Lleida, only playing for the C-side. He then moved to Celta de Vigo in the summer of 2008, initially being assigned to the reserves.
In the 2009–10 season, Jordi was firmly established in Celta's starting XI, with the Galicians in the second division. However, on 17 February 2010, he was sold to Russia's FC Rubin Kazan for €850,000, joining compatriot César Navas.
Jordi returned to his country in 2010–11, being loaned to Real Valladolid in the second level and appearing regularly during the campaign. In the summer of 2011, in the same predicament, he joined Rayo Vallecano in La Liga, in a season-long move.
Jordi made his debut in the Spanish top flight on 28 August 2011, starting in a 1–1 away draw against Athletic Bilbao. He played the full 90 minutes in all the games in the first part of the season but, on 19 January 2012, moved teams and countries again, signing for Club Brugge KV in the Belgian Pro League for four-and-a-half years after successfully passing his medical.
Jordi returned to Spain in January 2013, serving a small loan with Rayo and subsequently joining Real Betis on a permanent basis. He scored once from 25 matches in his debut campaign with the latter, which ended in top division relegation, then started in all his 39 appearances the following year, in an immediate promotion as champions.
On 28 July 2016, following a brief spell in the Turkish Süper Lig with Eskişehirspor, Jordi agreed to a two-year contract with German club Karlsruher SC. He switched to the Indian Super League on 9 September 2017, signing for ATK and being appointed team captain following an injury to Robbie Keane.
- As of match played on 21 October 2018
|Celta B||2008–09||Segunda División B||24||5||—||—||—||24||5|
|Rubin Kazan||2010||Russian Premier League||8||0||1||0||—||0||0||9||0|
|Valladolid (loan)||2010–11||Segunda División||23||2||2||0||—||2[a]||0||27||2|
|Rayo Vallecano (loan)||2011–12||La Liga||17||0||2||0||—||—||19||0|
|Club Brugge||2011–12||Belgian First Division A||18||1||0||0||2[b]||0||—||20||1|
|2012–13||Belgian First Division A||15||0||2||1||10[c]||1||—||27||2|
|Rayo Vallecano (loan)||2012–13||La Liga||14||0||0||0||—||—||14||0|
|Karlsruher SC||2016–17||2. Bundesliga||17||2||1||0||—||—||19||2|
|ATK||2017–18||Indian Super League||15||0||2||0||—||—||17||0|
|Racing Santander||2018–19||Segunda División B||9||3||2||0||—||—||11||3|
- El club vigués cerrará hoy la venta de Jordi al Rubín Kazán (Vigo club to close Jordi move to Rubin Kazan today); Faro de Vigo, 16 February 2010 (in Spanish)
- Navas, encantado de la llegada de Figueras al Rubín Kazán (Navas, delighted with Figueras' arrival to Rubin Kazan); Marca, 19 February 2010 (in Spanish)
- Jordi Figueras, a la espera de formalizar su cesión al Rayo Vallecano (Jordi Figueras, waiting to complete loan to Rayo Vallecano); Rayo Herald, 24 July 2011 (in Spanish)
- Solid return for Vallecano; ESPN Soccernet, 28 August 2011
- Jordi Figueras: “Fuera de casa somos un equipo muy correoso” (Jordi Figueras: “Away from home we are a very scrappy team”); Rayo Herald, 29 October 2011 (in Spanish)
- Club reaches agreement as to transfer Jordi Figueras[permanent dead link]; Club Brugge, 18 January 2012
- Jordi joins Bacca at Club Brugge; UEFA, 19 January 2012
- Jordi Figueras vuelve al Rayo Vallecano cedido por el Brujas (Jordi Figueras returns to Rayo Vallecano loaned by Brugge); Diario AS, 26 December 2012 (in Spanish)
- El Betis llega a un acuerdo con el Brujas por Jordi Figueras (Betis reach agreement with Brugge for Jordi Figueras); Diario AS, 19 July 2013 (in Spanish)
- El Málaga deja al Betis dolorido (Málaga leave Betis hurting); Marca, 3 November 2013 (in Spanish)
- El fichaje de Jordi Figueras por el Eskisehirspor turco ya es oficial (Jordi Figueras signing for Turkey's Eskisehirspor is already official); Marca, 16 January 2016 (in Spanish)
- KSC holt Spanier aus der Türkei (KSC get hold of Spaniard from Turkey); Sport1, 28 July 2016 (in German)
- "Indian Super League: ATK sign Spanish defender Jordi Figueras Montel". Hindustan Times. 9 September 2017. Retrieved 7 October 2017.
- "ISL 2017: Robbie Keane to miss ATK opener against Kerala Blasters". Goal. 12 November 2017. Retrieved 17 December 2017.
- "Jordi Figueras, tercer refuerzo del Racing 2018/19" [Jordi Figueras, third addition of 2018/19 Racing] (in Spanish). Racing Santander. 22 June 2018. Retrieved 23 June 2018.
- "Jordi: Jordi Figueras Montel". BDFutbol. Retrieved 14 November 2017.
- "Jordi". Soccerway. Retrieved 14 November 2017.
- "Jordi Figueras". Flash Score. Retrieved 26 April 2018.