October 11, 1963 |
|Listed height||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Listed weight||200 lb (91 kg)|
|Position||Shooting guard / Small forward|
Jordi Villacampa Amorós (born October 11, 1963 in Reus, Spain) is a retired professional basketball player of Joventut Badalona, and former chairman of the club. At 1.96 m (6 ft. 5 in.) tall, he played as a shooting guard-small forward. His main skills and attributes as a player were his speed, a good long-distance shot, being a prolific scorer, and being one of the best European swingmen.
Professional club career
For 21 years Villacampa was a high level player, playing always in the same club, Joventut de Badalona. He played for the first time with the senior men's professional team of Joventut Badalona at 16 years old, and he spent his entire career there, until he retired in 1997, at age 33, with a great homage being given to him on December 22. During the years he played with Joventut Badalona, he won the EuroLeague, two Spanish League championships, as well as some other titles. With Joventut de Badalona, he played in 506 games in the Spanish ACB League, and scored 8,991 points, the second most in Spanish ACB League history.
Spanish national team
Villacampa played in 158 games internationally with the senior men's Spanish national basketball team (playing for the first time in 1984), playing in nearly all of the great international competitions of his playing era: 2 Summer Olympic Games (Seoul 1988, Barcelona 1992), 3 FIBA World Cups (1986, 1990, and 1994), and 4 EuroBaskets (1985, 1987, 1991, and 1993). His single-game scoring record with the Spanish national team was 48 points, which he achieved in a game against Venezuela. The best team result that he achieved with Spain's national team was a bronze medal at the EuroBasket 1991, which took place in Rome.
Post playing career
In 2000, Villacampa became the team President of Joventut Badalona. As the team's President, he has won 2 Catalan League titles, the FIBA EuroChallenge, a Spanish Cup, and the Eurocup. He was able to return Joventut Badalona into being one of the better teams in the Spanish ACB League.
On 27 December 2016, Villacampa announced it would leave the office after 17 years at the helm of the club. He finally did it on 26 April 2017, becoming former player Juan Antonio Morales the new president of Joventut Badalona.
- Club Joventut de Badalona: (youth categories)
- Club Joventut de Badalona: (senior men's team) 1980–1997
Awards and accomplishments
- 2x Korać Cup Champion: (1981, 1990)
- 7x Catalan League Champion: (1986/87, 1987/88, 1988/89, 1990/91, 1991/92, 1992/93, 1994/95)
- 3x Prince of Asturies Cup Champion: (1987, 1989, 1991)
- Saporta Cup runner-up: (1988)
- 2x Spanish ACB League Champion: (1991, 1992)
- EuroLeague Champion: (1994)
- EuroLeague runner-up: (1992)
- Spanish King's Cup Champion: (1997)
Spanish national team
- EuroBasket 1991 in Rome: Bronze
- ACB data (Spanish)
- "Jordi Villacampa dejará la presidencia del Club Joventut Badalona" (in Spanish). 27 December 2016. Retrieved 27 December 2016.
- "Juanan Morales, nuevo presidente del Joventut de Badalona" (in Spanish). ACB.com. 26 April 2017.