Jorge Enrique González Pacheco
Jorge Enrique González Pacheco
Jorge Enrique González Pacheco is a Cuban poet, film industry professional, and cultural entrepreneur. He has a Bachelor's Degree in Latin American Literature from University of Havana, Cuba, and a Master's Degree in Hispanic Literature from Complutense University of Madrid, Spain.
González Pacheco was born in Marianao, Havana, on September 9, 1969. His mother died when he was very young, and his relationship with his father was turbulent. González Pacheco moved to the United States in 2003, and since 2006 he has been living in Seattle.
He published his first poem in Alaluz, a literary magazine of the University of California, Riverside. He has published five books, including Under the light of my blood. In Cuba, he received the Delia Carrera Poetry Prize, a national award, in 1996.
In 1990 integrated the group of young poets that participated at the revolution of Cuban literature that distanced itself from political themes and created a clearer and more universal lyric. As a freedom defender, in an interview he criticized the situation of the civil liberties on his country.
One of his well-known poems titled "Havana" is dedicated to his childhood city.
- (1992) Poesía Ilustrada, International Edition Group, New York, NY, USA
- (2003) Antología de la Décima Cósmica de La Habana, FAH, Mexico City, Mexico
- (2003) Notaciones del Inocente, Ediciones Qneras, Moguer, Spain
- (2004) Tierra de Secreta Transparencia, Torremozas & Fundación Juan Ramon Jimenez, Madrid, Spain
- (2009) Bajo la luz de mi sangre / Under the Light of my Blood (bilingual edition), Trafford, Victoria BC, Canada
- 2015 HIPGivers Award by Hispanics in Philanthropy in San Francisco, California
- 2018 Mayor's Arts Award, Seattle, Washington
- Un poète cubain-étasunien sur les rues de France
- González Pacheco, Jorge Enrique (1995). “La mudez del alba”. Revista Alaluz. XXVII (1): 59.
- González Pacheco, Jorge Enrique (2008). La dócil alba que en tu altura guia-L'aube docile qui depuis ton royaume guide. Paris, France: Arcoiris, Revue de Création Littéraire Bilingue. pp. 322, 323.
- Puentes Izquierdo, Zoraida (2011). Literatura Cubana contemporánea (1959-1999) Selección de lecturas (1ra ed.). Universidad de las Artes, Havana, Cuba: Ediciones Cúpulas. pp. 28, 30, 88.
- González Pacheco, Jorge Enrique, Poem: Pobre espacio del que huyo, Azahares, Spanish Language Literary Magazine (2015): pag 28, College of Languages and Communication, University of Arkansas - Fort Smith. USA
- González Pacheco, Jorge Enrique, Poetry Now, Sacramento Poetry Center, California, USA
- Meet the 2018 Mayor’s Arts Award winners: Jorge Enrique González Pacheco
- Jorge Enrique Gonzalez Pacheco, Seattle Latino Film Festival Founder
- Torres, Blanca, "Shaping Seattle’s understanding of Latinos through film", October 08, 2014, The Seattle Times
- González Pacheco, Jorge Enrique (1991). "Escritos Inéditos". Revista Alaluz. XXIII (2). pag 47
- WorldCat Identities
- O'Toole, Gavin. "Senators of the word", The Latin American Review of Books, London, UK
- "Jorge Enrique González Pacheco (Cuba/USA)", THE PIP (PROJECT FOR INNOVATIVE POETRY)
- Cuban Americans in Seattle reflect on Castro’s death, The Seattle Times, November 26, 2016
- Poetry Atlas
- Keogh, Tom. "Seattle Latino Film Festival expands to 10 days", Oct 04, 2012, The Seattle Times
- SEATTLE LATINO FILM FESTIVAL COMES TO SEATTLE U
- Book People
- Recital del poeta cubano González Pacheco en Mazagón, Diario Huelva YA
- The 2018 Mayor’s Arts Awards