Jorge Lolas Talhami
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Awards||postulate to Premio Nacional de Ciencias Aplicadas y Tecnológicas de Chile (1998, 2000, 2002, 2004)|
He trained in Obstetrics and Gynecology at José Joaquín Aguirre Hospital and obtained his certification after 3 years from the same university. He specialized for two years in colposcopy and cytopathology, and dedicated a large part of those first years to the early detection of cervical cancer while working at the Military Hospital in Santiago, Chile (1974-1978), where he became Head of the Cervical Pathology Department for the early diagnosis of cancer.
During those years he focused his attention on the frequent correlation he had noticed between cervical inflammation and premenstrual syndrome, conditions to which he has since dedicated his life and passion. The so-called Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) and Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD) form the large part of his experience, which has permitted him to develop an innovative approach to the treatment of this disease and from which he is a well known personality. His new ideas about the mechanism involved in the biology of the menstrual cycle and many ailments related to cervical dysfunction, have made him a controversial character. He coined the term "cyclical hysterotoxemia" to replace the descriptive terms mentioned above (from the Greek “hysterus”, meaning uterus, and “toxemia”, for the presence of toxins in the blood. Ciclical refers to the menstrual cycle) For his work he has been a frequent guest on TV, interviews and specialized magazines. His innovative approach refers to techniques he has perfected over the years to deal with the chronic inflammation of the uterus, mostly affecting the cervix, with which he has obtained impressive results in controlling and eradicating the symptoms of this condition, thus preventing the need for major surgery.
Lolas is a founding member of the Chilean Society of Colposcopy and Pathology of the Lower Genital Tract, he is also a member of the Scientific Society of Chile and runs a gynecological research institute in Santiago, Chile.
He has been nominated for the "National Prize of Applied Sciences" from his patients in 1998 and by the Scientific Society of Chile in 2000, 2002 and 2004, in recognition of his innovative contributions to women's health.
He published his book “Síndrome premenstrual desde una nueva perspectiva” (Premenstrual Syndrome: A New Perspective) in 1995.
- Medical Journal of Chile
- Chilean Journal of Clinical Psychiatry
- Chilean Journal of Neuropsychiatry
- Chilean Journal of Dermatology
- Magazine Zona Científica
- Stories in International news agencies Reuters, ANSA and Notimex
- Reports in the Chilean press
- La Tercera
- El Mercurio
- La Nación
- La Segunda
- Las Ultimas Noticias
- Ercilla Magazine
- Qué Pasa Magazine
- Woman to Woman Magazine
- Cosas Magazine
- Caras Magazine
- Chilean Society of Colposcopy and Pathology of the Lower Genital Tract
- Meeting at Las Condes Clinic
- Informe Especial (Special Report)
- Noticiario 24 hrs de TVN (24-hour News on TVN)
- CNN en Español
- Program “Cuéntame” de TVN
- Program “Almorzando en el Canal 13”
- CBS Telenoticias
- Program “Buenas tardes Eli” on Megavisión channel.
- First Chilean Congress of Colposcopy and Pathology of the Lower Genital Tract, 2000
- 10th World Congress of Cervical Pathology and Colposcopy, 1999
- 17th World Congress of Gynecology and Obstetrics, 2003
- 15th World Congress of Cytopathology, 2004
- Gia Allemand Foundation PMDD Annual Conference, 2016