Jorge Urrutia Blondel (August 17, 1905 – July 5, 1981), was a Chilean composer, educator and writer, born in 1905. He has composed ballet music, symphonic poems, and works for piano and for voice. He is regarded as a Chilean nationalist in his music, but nevertheless the influence of Claude Debussy and Maurice Ravel can be detected in his orchestration and harmony. He co-authored, with S. Claro, Historia de la musica en Chile (History of Music in Chile), published in 1971.
- "Tres canciones campesinas de Chile"
- Inter-American Music Bulletin -1958 Page xliii " also Tres Canciones Campesinas de Chile by the Chilean composer Jorge Urrutia-Blondel (1905)."
- Grijalbo - Diccionario Enciclopedico - ISBN 84-253-2675-3
- Nueva Enciclopedia Cumbre - ISBN 0-7172-5114-4
- Diccionario Enciclopedico Grijalbo. ISBN 84-253-2675-3
|This article on a Chilean composer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Chilean writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|