|Airport type||Civil Enclave|
|Owner/Operator||Airports Authority of India|
|Serves||Jorhat, Golaghat (Assam)|
|Elevation AMSL||311 ft / 95 m|
It was established in early 1950s and commonly known as Rowriah Airport because it is located at Rowriah area of the city. Jorhat AFS is the Indian Air Force's first air base in the East. It is primarily a transport base for launching aircraft that carry out airdrops in the Naga Hills in Nagaland and Arunachal Pradesh.
Airlines and destinations
- Our Special Correspondent (14 August 2011). "Leopard fear grips Jorhat IAF station". Telegraphindia.com. Retrieved 20 June 2014.
- "Challenging Sorties". Vayu-sena.tripod.com. Retrieved 20 June 2014.
- "Assam Cabinet approves Jorhat airport expansion". constructionbusinesstoday.com. Retrieved 9 February 2012.
- "Flight Schedule for Domestic & International Flights". IndiGo. Retrieved 25 December 2018.
- "IndiGo Announces New Destinations, Adds 16 New Flights. Details Here". NDTV.com. Retrieved 13 June 2018.