Jorhat Engineering College
This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Established||10 October 1960|
Jorhat Engineering College is the second government engineering college in Assam, northeast India. The college, affiliated with Dibrugarh University. It has five four-year undergraduate programs: civil engineering, computer science and engineering, electrical engineering, instrumentation and mechanical engineering and also has one three-year postgraduate program: master of computer application(mca).
Extracurricular activities and clubs
Phoenix is the college's annual techno-cultural festival, with workshops, exhibitions, a quiz, fashion show, gaming, robotics, dance and music. Sifung is its poetry magazine, a joint venture by Achyut Baruah and Shekharan Phukan; Baruah edited the first issue in 2009. Originally a hostel-V initiative, it was later published for the entire college.
FotoKraft is the school's photography club, promoting student interest in photography and documenting college events. In 1989, JEC was the first educational institution in northeast India to publish a campus newspaper. JEC News was followed by the JEC Chronicle in 2010, published twice per semester. Zatraa- Towards Destiny, a film created by JEC students, explores the life of an engineering student.
- Prof P Venkataram and Dr Joy Thomas, M., "National Symposium on Engineering Education", Url: http://cce.iisc.ernet.in/nsee/Report.pdf, pp. 8
- "Phoenix '16". Archived from the original on 12 April 2016. Retrieved 9 July 2017.
- "SIFUNG: The Songs of JEC". Retrieved 9 July 2017.
- "Golden Jubilee issue" (PDF).[permanent dead link]
- Hussain Ahmed (18 May 2014). "Zatraa- Towards Destiny – Flick by JEC Students to Hit the Theatre Soon". Magical Assam. Archived from the original on 21 May 2014. Retrieved 9 July 2017.
- Official website
- Computer Science and Engineering Department
- Assam Info
- Directorate of Technical Education: Assam
- Economic Times article
- SiliconIndia Engineering