|Also known as||Rejected (with Edwin Oosterwal), Dark Science|
|Born||25 February 1977|
|Years active||1997 to present|
Joris Voorn (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈjoːrɪs ˈfoːr(ə)n]; born 25 February 1977 in Tilburg, Netherlands is a Dutch DJ and producer who lives in Amsterdam. Voorn is the co-owner of the Amsterdam-based labels Rejected (with Edwin Oosterwal) and Green.
A DJ competition in Enschede started Voorn' music career. In 2002 he released an EP, "Muted Trax". This release, as well as support from Carl Craig, Derrick May and Laurent Garnier made him decide to focus on his DJing career. In 2003 his "Lost Memories" EP became another underground hit. In the same year Voorn was crowned Talent of the Year at the Dutch DJ Awards.
In 2009 he released the "Balance014" compilation, which mixed 100 songs into a double CD, morphing them into a collective mix.
In 2014, he released his third studio album "Nobody Knows," which features collaborations with Matthew Dear, Kid A and his father. The album is not all electronic and features live instruments such as guitar an bass. In 2019, he released his forth studio album Four.
- Muted Trax Pt 1, Pt 2 & Pt 3 (Keynote, 2002,2003)
- Lost Memories Pt 1 & Pt 2 (SINO, 2003)
- Let's Go Juno (Rejected, 2007)
- Dusty House Room 1 (Rejected, 2009)
- Dusty House Room 2 (Rejected, 2009)
- The Secret (Cocoon Recordings, 2010)
- Incident (Miyagi)
- Together Feat Nic Fanciulli (Rejected, 2011)
- Future History (SINO, 2004)
- From A Deep Place (Green, 2007)
- Nobody Knows (Green, 2014)
- Four (Spectrum, 2019)
- Fuse Presents Joris Voorn (Music Man Records / Minimaxima, 2005)
- Balance 014 (EQ Recordings, 2009)
- The Sound Of Sundays At Space Ibiza (Mixmag, 2010)
- Cocoon Heroes (Mixed By Joris Voorn And Cassy) (Cocoon, 2012):
- Fabric 83 (2015)
- Global Underground 043: Rotterdam (2020)
DJ Magazine Top 100 DJs
|2010||88||New Entry (Up 45)|
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-19. Retrieved 2010-12-27.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "RA Poll: Top DJs of 2009". Resident Advisor. Retrieved 27 August 2020.
- Medvad, Matt (November 24, 2014). "Joris Voorn Talks Working With Kid A & His Father on New Album 'Nobody Knows' | Billboard". Billboard Magazine. Archived from the original on 2020-11-26. Retrieved 2020-11-26.
- Di, Marco (2020-04-10). "Orbital release a rare rework of Joris Voorn's 'Never'". Rave Jungle. Retrieved 2020-11-26.
- Middleton, Ryan. "Joris Voorn Releasing 100+ Track Global Underground Rotterdam Mix". Magnetic Magazine. Retrieved 2020-11-26.
- "Joris Voorn drops new melodic tech-house record 'Nea Skioni': Listen". We Rave You. 2020-10-23. Retrieved 2020-11-26.
- "Tomorrowland announces New Year's Eve celebrations". Ibiza Spotlight. Retrieved 2020-11-26.
- "Poll : Joris Voorn". Vk.com.