José E. Almeida
José E. Almeida is an American businessman. He has served as the Chairman and CEO of Baxter International, Inc. since January, 2016. He worked for Tyco Healthcare from 1995 to 2002. He was President of Medical Devices division from October 2006 to June 2011. He served as Chairman of the Board of Directors of Covidien since March 2012 and as the President, Chief Executive Officer and a Director since July 2011. He became a director of EMC Corporation on Jan 12, 2015 and resigned on October 30, 2015 due to his election as Chairman and CEO of Baxter. In 2015, he worked for The Carlyle Group as an Operating Executive in the Global Healthcare group.
A native of Brazil, Mr. Almeida received a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from Escola de Engenharia Mauá in São Paulo. He currently serves on the Board of Directors of the Advanced Medical Technology Association (AdvaMed) and Partners in Health, and he is a member of Business Roundtable.
- "Baxter Names José Almeida Chairman and CEO". Baxter. October 28, 2015. Retrieved May 8, 2016.
- "José E. Almeida: Executive Profile & Biography - Bloomberg". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2018-07-16.
- "Covidien Plc (COV:New York)". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved 18 February 2014.
- "EMC Expands Board of Directors with Appointment of José E. Almeida and Donald J. Carty". EMC Corporation. January 12, 2015.
- "EMC Corporation - Investor Relations - Financials - SEC Filings - SEC Filings Details" (Press release). EMC Corporation. November 2, 2015.
- "The Carlyle Group Names José E. Almeida Operating Executive for Global Healthcare Team | The Carlyle Group". The Carlyle Group. May 4, 2015. Retrieved May 8, 2016.
- Hoffman, Liz; Lublin, Joann S. (2015-10-28). "Baxter International Hires Outsider José Almeida as CEO". Wall Street Journal. ISSN 0099-9660. Retrieved 2018-08-28.
|This article about a chief executive from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|