José Antonio Pavón Jiménez
During the reign of Charles III of Spain, three major botanical expeditions were sent to the New World; Pavón and Hipólito Ruiz López were the botanists for the first of these expeditions, to Peru and Chile from 1777 to 1788. The standard author abbreviation Ruiz & Pav. is used to indicate Pavón and his colleague Ruiz as joint authors when citing a botanical name.
- Iberia and the Americas: Culture, Politics, and History : a ..., Volume 1 edited by John Michael Francis
- CRC World Dictionary of Medicinal and Poisonous Plants: Common Names ... by Umberto Quattrocchi
- Etymological Dictionary of Grasses by Harold T. Clifford, Peter D. Bostock
- IPNI. Pav.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to José Antonio Pavón y Jiménez.|
- ‹See Tfd›(in Spanish) Short biography
- "Flora Peruviana et Chilensis" Vols. I-III available online at Botanicus.org website
- José Antonio Pavón. Polymath Virtual Library, Fundación Ignacio Larramendi
|This article about a Spanish botanist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|