|Minnesota Twins – No. 17|
May 27, 1994 |
Bayamón, Puerto Rico
|April 27, 2016, for the Minnesota Twins|
(through 2016 season)
|Earned run average||8.02|
José Orlando Berríos (born May 27, 1994) is a Puerto Rican professional baseball pitcher for the Minnesota Twins of Major League Baseball (MLB). He was drafted by the Twins in the first round of the 2012 Major League Baseball draft.
|Representing Puerto Rico|
|World Baseball Classic|
|2013 San Francisco||Team|
The Minnesota Twins selected Berríos in the first round of the 2012 Major League Baseball draft. He made his professional debut that season for the Elizabethton Twins of the Rookie-level Appalachian League and the Gulf Coast Twins of the Rookie-level Gulf Coast League.
Berríos played for the Puerto Rican national baseball team in the 2013 World Baseball Classic. During the 2013 season, Berríos played for the Cedar Rapids Kernels of the Class A Midwest League. Berríos started 2014 with the Fort Myers Miracle of the Class A-Advanced Florida State League. He was selected to play in the All-Star Futures Game in July. He was promoted to the New Britain Rock Cats of the Class AA Eastern League on July 7, and in mid-August was promoted to the Rochester Red Wings of the Class AAA International League. Berríos began the 2015 season with the Chattanooga Lookouts of the Class AA Southern League, and received another midseason promotion to Rochester. He started the 2016 season with Rochester.
The Twins promoted Berríos to make his major league debut on April 27, 2016.
- "Twins land pitchers Jose Berrios and Luke Bard in Draft's compensation round". Minnesota Twins. Retrieved April 26, 2016.
- "World Baseball Classic puts top MLB prospects on global stage". Major League Baseball. Retrieved April 26, 2016.
- "Tom Powers: Twins' special pitching prospect Berrios endures growing pains". Twin Cities. Retrieved April 26, 2016.
- "Souhan: Berrios appears to be a keeper for Twins". Star Tribune. Retrieved April 26, 2016.
- "Minnesota Twins prospcts Jose Berrios and Kennys Vargas were named to the Futures Game roster". Minnesota Twins. Retrieved April 26, 2016.
- "Meyer to replace injured May at Futures Game". Minnesota Twins. Retrieved April 26, 2016.
- "Jose Berrios Begins His Quest". Puckett's Pond. Retrieved April 26, 2016.
- "Top prospect Jose Berrios called up, will start Wednesday for Twins - StarTribune.com". Star Tribune. Retrieved April 26, 2016.