José Capmany (15 July 1961 - 13 October 2001) was a Costa Rican songwriter and guitarist. Along with Enrique Ramírez, he was a founder of the band "Café con Leche", a popular rock band in Costa Rica in the late 1980s. His latest release "Canciones Cotidianas" included a compilation of his work. Songs like "El Barco", "La Historia Salvaje" (which contains a sample of Gloria from Them but with more hard rock and in the lyrics the complete lyric from the popular kid song "Los Pollitos" combined with the chorus). "La Modelo" and "Mamá y Papá" are considered folk rock music in Costa Rica. He died in a car accident on October 13, 2001.
Capmany is widely recognized as the most important rock musician and a cornerstone in Costa Rican rock development. Many musicians have said they found him a source of inspiration, and most of his songs have been sung by other people as a form of tribute.
Sony Music edited a last album with Capmany's music after his death. "Volando alto/La historia salvaje" is a double disc, one with his old hits and other with unreleased songs that were completed by his bandmates.
- La Nación. "10 años de ausencia... y el legado vive" (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 2011-10-13. Retrieved 2011-10-14.
- Rumble in the Jungle: The Soul of Indigenous Music in the Americas 075754293X Chas Smith - 2007 - In the late 1 980s some local artists and bands became famous for having their own style and original material, such as Jose Capmany, Cafe con Leche and Inconsciente Colectivo; some of them had fans from outside of Costa Rica, like Editus, a Grammy-winning contemporary jazz ensemble. At around that time a popular ...
- La canción infantil en la educación infantil y primaria: 8478000348 Elena BLANCO RIVAS - 2013 JOSÉ CAPMANY José Capmany fue un cantante de rock de origen costarricense, conocido como el padre del rock en Costa Rica debido a que allí, fue uno de los pioneros de la música rock. En el vídeo en el que escuchamos la melodía interpretada con acompañamiento instrumental por este autor, ...
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2006-04-19. Retrieved 2006-04-03.
- HELP / Hormigas en la pared "Capmany represented what is original and authentic, the pioneer... the Father of National Rock"
- 20 Years of National Rock
- Jose Capmany's Discography available for Digital Download
- Cafe con Leche's Discography available for Digital Download
|This article on a musician from Costa Rica is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a guitarist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|