José Gómez Mustelier
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|World Amateur Championships|
|Pan American Games|
|1979 San Juan||Middleweight|
José Gómez Mustelier a.k.a. Jovani Gomez (born January 28, 1959 in Colombia, Cuba) was a Cuban boxer, who won the middleweight gold medal at the 1980 Summer Olympics. In the final he defeated Viktor Savchenko of the USSR on points (4–1). Two years earlier he captured the world title at the second World Championships in Belgrade, followed by the gold medal at the 1979 Pan American Games.
- Defeated Enock Chama (Namibia) 3–2
- Defeated Bong Mun Jang (North Korea) KO 2
- Defeated Valentin Silaghi (Romania) 5–0
- Defeated Viktor Savchenko (USSR) 4–1
- José Gómez. Sports Reference. Retrieved on 2012-07-22.
|This biographical article related to a Cuban boxer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Cuban Olympic medalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|