José Ignacio Hualde
José Ignacio Hualde is a linguist from Navarre, specialised in Basque linguistics and in Spanish synchronic and diachronic phonology, professor of Linguistics and Latin American and Caribbean Studies in the Department of Spanish, Italian and Portuguese, and in the Department of Linguistics, at the University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign. He is also the current Vice President of the Association for Laboratory Phonology.
- Catalan (1992)
- Basque Phonology (1991)
- Euskararen azentuerak [the accentual systems of Basque] (1977)
- The sounds of Spanish (2005)
- Introducción a la lingüística hispánica (2001)
- A Phonological Study of the Basque Dialect of Getxo (1992)
- The Basque Dialect of Lekeitio (1994)
- Generative Studies in Basque Linguistics (1993)
- Towards a History of the Basque Language (1995)
- A Grammar of Basque (2003)
- Hualde, José I. "Unstressed words in Spanish." Language Sciences 31.2-3 (2009): 199-212.
- Hualde, José I., Oihana Lujanbio, and Francisco Torreira. "Lexical tone and stress in Goizueta Basque." Journal of the International Phonetic Association 38.1 (2008): 1-24.
- Hualde, José I., Miquel Simonet, and Francisco Torreira. "Postlexical contraction of nonhigh vowels in Spanish." Lingua 118 (2008): 1906-1925.
- Hualde, José I., and Armin Schwegler. "Intonation in Palenquero." Journal of Pidgin and Creole Languages 23.1 (2008): 1-31.
- Eddington, David, and José I. Hualde. "El abundante agua fría: Hermaphroditic Spanish nouns." Studies in Hispanic and Lusophone Linguistics 1.1 (2008): 5-31.
- Chitoran, Ioana, and José I. Hualde. "From hiatus to diphthong: the evolution of vowel sequences in Romance." Phonology 24 (2007): 37-75.
- Hualde, José I., and Koldo Zuazo. "The standardization process of the Basque language." Language Problems and Language Planning 31.2 (2007): 143-168.
- Hualde, José I. "Stress removal and stress addition in Spanish." Journal of Portuguese Linguistics 5.2 (2006): 59-89.
- (Basque) «Idatzitakoa nola ahoskatu eta mintzoaren soinua» Archived 2011-06-22 at the Wayback Machine., Euskararen Berripapera, number 26, July 1994, page 3.
- Web page on Dr Jose Ignacio Hualde Archived 2010-07-01 at the Wayback Machine. in the area of the Department of Spanish, Italian and Portuguese in the website of the University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign.
- Web page on Dr Jose Ignacio Hualde in the area of the Department of Linguistics in the website of the University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign
- The page of professor José Ignacio Hualde Archived 2010-06-15 at the Wayback Machine. in the website of the University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign
|This article on a Spanish linguist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|