|Born||January 20, 1978|
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
|Genres||Jazz, hip hop, neo soul|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, composer, bandleader|
|Labels||Brownswood, Blue Note, Rainbow Blonde|
|Associated acts||Junior Mance, Chico Hamilton, McCoy Tyner, Robert Glasper|
José James (born January 20, 1978) is an American vocalist who combines jazz and hip hop.
José James attended The New School for Jazz and Contemporary Music. In 2008, he debuted with his first album, The Dreamer, on the Brownswood label. Blackmagic followed in 2010. 2010's For All We Know came out on the Impulse! label. For All We Know became the winner of both the Edison Award and L'Académie du Jazz Grand Prix for best Vocal Jazz Album of 2010.
- The Dreamer (Brownswood, 2008)
- Blackmagic (Brownswood, 2010)
- For All We Know (impulse!, 2010)
- No Beginning No End (Blue Note, 2012)
- While You Were Sleeping (Blue Note, 2014)
- Yesterday I Had the Blues: The Music of Billie Holiday (Blue Note, 2015)
- Love in a Time of Madness (Blue Note, 2017)
- Lean On Me (Blue Note, 2018)
- No Beginning No End 2 (Rainbow Blonde, 2020)
- José James: New York 2020 (Live) (Rainbow Blonde, 2021)
- Jose James, Jef Neve Rekindle Jazz Flame. Billboard. Retrieved on 2013-01-31.
- José James – Music Biography, Credits and Discography. AllMusic. Retrieved on 2013-01-31.
-  Archived March 23, 2011, at the Wayback Machine
- Winnaars Edison Jazz/World bekend | Edison – de oudste muziekprijs van Nederland Archived January 12, 2018, at the Wayback Machine. Edisonaward.nl. Retrieved on 2013-01-31.