José Manuel Jiménez Ortiz
Mané on the ball for Getafe (2013)
|Full name||José Manuel Jiménez Ortiz|
|Date of birth||21 December 1981|
|Place of birth||Tarifa, Spain|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Playing position||Left back|
|2003–2005||Atlético Madrid B||68||(14)|
|2013||Maccabi Tel Aviv||5||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 28 May 2017
Born in Tarifa, Province of Cádiz, Mané started playing professional football with lowly Real Balompédica Linense and CD Díter Zafra, being limited to just eight third division games with the latter. In 2003, he moved to Atlético Madrid B in the same level.
For 2005–06, Mané progressed to the second level, joining Ciudad de Murcia and appearing in 39 league games (with two goals). The following season he moved clubs again, this time to UD Almería: he quickly became first-choice, being instrumental in the side's first ever promotion to La Liga.
Mané's Almería performances were much admired over the course of 2007–08, represented by him being named in Sky Sports pundit Guillem Balagué's team of the campaign, as the Andalusians overachieved and finished eighth with the player scoring twice, in 1–1 draws with RCD Mallorca and Recreativo de Huelva.
On 2 June 2009, after appearing in more than 100 league matches for Almería (68 in the league), Mané signed a four-year contract with Getafe CF. An undisputed starter throughout his first season, he scored his first goal for the Madrilenians on 13 April 2010, in a 3–0 home triumph against Villarreal CF.
On 2 July 2013, aged nearly 32, Mané moved abroad for the first time, agreeing to a two-year deal with Maccabi Tel Aviv FC. He made his debut 15 days later, starting against Győri ETO FC for the qualifying rounds of the UEFA Champions League; he returned to former club Almería on 23 December, signing for 18 months.
- La Liga Dream Team Archived 5 July 2008 at the Wayback Machine.; Sky Sports, 15 May 2008
- El Mallorca no pasa del empate en Almería (Mallorca can only draw in Almería); El Mundo, 23 September 2007 (in Spanish)
- Recre y Almería, contentos con el empate (Recre and Almería, happy with draw); El Mundo, 6 January 2008 (in Spanish)
- Getafe swoop for Mane; Football.co, 4 June 2009
- Yellow Submarines are sunk; ESPN Soccernet, 13 April 2010
- Defender "Mane" agrees 2-year-deal at MTA Archived 17 October 2013 at the Wayback Machine.; Maccabi Tel Aviv, 2 June 2013
- El Almería cierra el fichaje de Mané (Almería completes signing of Mané) Archived 24 December 2013 at the Wayback Machine.; UD Almería, 23 December 2013 (in Spanish)
- Los Ortiz: un lujo para el Almería (The Ortiz: luxury for Almería); Diario AS, 18 February 2009 (in Spanish)