José Narro Robles
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|José Narro Robles|
December 5, 1948|
Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico.
|Alma mater||National Autonomous University of Mexico, University of Birmingham|
|Known for||Dean of the National Autonomous University of Mexico|
|Fields||Healthcare, Medicine and Higher Education|
|Institutions||National Autonomous University of Mexico|
José Narro Robles (born December 5, 1948 in Saltillo, Coahuila) is a Mexican researcher, academic, and politician. He is a former director of the Faculty of Medicine of the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM) and was elected its 23rd Rector on November 20, 2007. After two 4-year periods leading UNAM, in February 2016, he was appointed by Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto to replace Mercedes Juan as head of the Mexican Secretariat of Health.
Robles has enacted as adviser for the World Health Organization, WHO and UNICEF. He has been president of the National Academy of Medicine, of which he has been a member since 1992. He has also worked as General Director of Health Services of the Mexican Federal District, Secretary-General of the Mexican Institute of Social Security (IMSS), Undersecretary of Migratory Services and Population at the Ministry of the Interior (Secretaría de Gobernación) and Undersecretary of Health at the Federal Secretariat of Health. He holds a number of honorary doctorates from Latin American and European universities.
- University of Birmingham, United Kingdom, (2012). 
- Universidad de Santiago de Chile , Chile (2017), 
- Universidad de la Habana, Cuba, (2016). 
- Universidad Juárez Autónoma de Tabasco (2011).
- Universidad de Salamanca, Spain (2016). 
- Universidad Autónoma de Campeche, México, (2015) 
- Benemérita Universidad Autónoma de Puebla (BUAP), México, (2013)
- Universidad Autónoma de Sinaloa, México, ((2015).
- Universidad Autónoma de San Luis Potosí (UASLP), México, 2015.
- Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León (UANL), México, (2016).
- La Jornada (2007-11-13). "José Narro Robles; la UNAM tiene nuevo rector" (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 2007-11-15.
- "Cambios en el gabinete de Peña: Nuevos titulares de Pemex, IMSS y la Secretaría de Salud". Animal Político (in Spanish). 2016-02-08. Retrieved 2016-02-08.
- El Universal (2007-11-13). "Semblanza: José Narro Robles" (in Spanish).
- "Gaceta UNAM" (PDF) (4 476). 2012. ISSN 0188-5138.. Gaceta UNAM, 6 de diciembre de 2012, página 7, cita a Cristóbal López.
- "Doctorado Honoris Causa, Santiago de Chile". 2017.
- "Desplegado Oficial Universidad de la Habana, Cuba".
- "Gaceta UNAM" (PDF) (4 320). 2011. ISSN 0188-5138.
- "Discurso Salamanca, Doctorado Honoris Causa". 2016.
- "Doctorado Honoris Causa, Universidad de Campeche". 2015.
- "Comunicado UANL". 2016.