Oubrerie studied painting at the Ecole des Beux-Arts (1946–51) in Nantes, and architecture at the École Nationale Supérieure des Beaux-Arts (ENSBA), (1955-58/ 1966-68) in Paris, France. Since 1970, Oubrerie is registered in the Ordre des Architect, Paris, France, and an American Institute of Architects honorary member.
- Église Saint-Pierre with Le Corbusier; 1960–70, 1970–78, 2003–06 (completed)
- Miller House, Lexington, Kentucky
- French Cultural Center, Damascus, Syria; 1988 (completed)
- Centre Le Corbusier, Zurich, Switzerland; 1963-1967 (completed) with Le Corbusier, G. Jullian, et al.
Oubrerie is professor emeritus at Austin E. Knowlton School of Architecture at Ohio State University, having held the position of chair of the architecture department (1991–97) and professor of architecture. Oubrerie is also a visiting professor at the School of Architecture at the University of Illinois at Chicago. From 1987-91, Oubrerie was dean at University of Kentucky College of Design, formerly College of Architecture, in Lexington, Kentucky, where he also taught as a professor of architecture (1980–81, 1983-4). Previously, Oubrerie taught architectural design as assistant professor at New York Institute of Technology (1985–87), Columbia University Graduate School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation (1985–87), and Irwin S. Chanin School of Architecture of Cooper Union (1974)  in New York City, as well as Polytechnic University of Milan (1981–83) and Ecole Nationale Superieure des Beux-Arts (1974–84), Paris.
- 2002 Lumley Research Award, The College of Engineering, Ohio State University 
- 2007/ 2008, L'Eglise Saint-Pierre de Firminy-Vert. John Hartell Gallery, AAP, Cornell University ; Wexner Center for the Arts, Ohio State University 
- "L'Oriente di Jeanneret", Parametro, 1986,143, G. Gresleri, L. Benevolo, G. Trebbi, P. L. Cervellati, L. M. Colli, I. Zannier, C. de Seta, J. Oubrerie, E. Masi, K. Frampton, pp. 1–1, 6–64
- Oubrerie, José, 2015, Architecture With And Without Le Corbusier: Jose Oubrerie Architect. Oscar Riera Ojeda Publishers, ISBN 978-988-15125-7-4
- "Faculty and Staff : Jose R. Oubrerie, Honorary AIA". OSU.EDU. Ohio State University Knowlton School of Architecture. Retrieved 4 May 2016.
- "José Oubrerie | Architecture at UIC". arch.uic.edu. Retrieved 2016-10-20.
- "Jose Oubrerie presents career retrospective lecture". UK/COD. University of Kentucky College of Design. Retrieved 4 May 2016.
- "Architecture Archive". Cooper Union. The Irwin S. Chanin School of Architecture. Retrieved 4 May 2016.
- "College of Engineering Awards : Lumley Research Award". OSU.EDU. Ohio State University. Retrieved 5 May 2016.
- "Jose Oubrerie: Architecture Interruptus". AAP Architecture Art Planning. Cornell University. Retrieved 5 May 2016.
- Hales, Linda. "Exhibits : Architecture Interruptus". Architect Magazine. Architect : the journal of the American Institute of Architects. Retrieved April 15, 2008.
|This article about a French architect is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|