José Ramos Delgado
Ramos Delgado with Lanús' jersey in 1956.
|Full name||José Manuel Ramos Delgado|
|Date of birth||25 August 1935|
|Place of birth||Quilmes, Buenos Aires, Argentina|
|Date of death||3 December 2010(aged 75)|
|Place of death||Villa Elisa, Buenos Aires, Argentina|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
José Manuel Ramos Delgado (25 August 1935 – 3 December 2010) was an Argentine footballer and manager. He played for the Argentine national team in two World Cups and had a successful tenure in Brazilian football with Santos. He went on to become a football manager, working in Argentina and Peru.
In 1966, Ramos Delgado joined Banfield. After a short spell with the club, he moved to Brazil to play for Santos, where he played alongside Pelé, Coutinho and Pepe in the club's golden years. He continued playing for Santos until the age of 38, making a total of 324 appearances and scoring one goal.
In the last year of his playing career, Delgado played for Portuguesa Santista, retiring at the age of 39.
Between 1958 and 1965, Ramos Delgado played 25 times for the Argentine national team. He was included in the squads for the 1958 and 1962 FIFA World Cups, and played in the qualifiers for the 1966 World Cup.
After retiring as a player, Ramos Delgado had a spell as manager of Santos, before returning to Argentina where he worked as the manager of several football clubs including Belgrano, Deportivo Maipú, Gimnasia y Esgrima de La Plata, Estudiantes de La Plata, River Plate, Talleres de Córdoba, Platense, All Boys and his home town club Quilmes. He also worked as the manager of Peruvian club Universitario.
As a player
- Campeonato Paulista (4): 1967, 1968, 1969, 1973
- Torneio Roberto Gomes Pedrosa (1): 1968
- Recopa Intercontinental (1): 1968
- Observatorio de Colectividades – Comunidad Caboverdeana: Personalidades (Communities Observatory – Cape Verdean Community: Personalities) Buenosaires.gov.ar (Spanish)
- Anécdotas del Superclásico – Hoy: José Manuel Ramos Delgado (Anecdotes of Superclásico – Today: José Manuel Ramos Delgado) (Spanish)
- "Murió el Negro Ramos Delgado". Cancha Llena (in Spanish). 3 December 2010. Retrieved 3 December 2010.