Dodô (footballer, born 1992)
Dodô playing for Corinthians in 2010.
|Full name||José Rodolfo Pires Ribeiro|
|Date of birth||6 February 1992|
|Place of birth||Campinas, Brazil|
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Left back|
(on loan from Sampdoria)
|2011||→ Bahia (loan)||14||(1)|
|2016–2018||→ Sampdoria (loan)||24||(0)|
|2018–||→ Santos (loan)||11||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 14 June 2018
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 21:07, 30 June 2010 (UTC)
Born in Campinas, São Paulo, Dodô joined Corinthians' youth setup in 2007. In July 2009 he was promoted to the main squad by manager Mano Menezes, as a replacement to departing André Santos. He acted mainly as a backup to Roberto Carlos.
In May 2009 Dodô was linked with a future transfer to English club Manchester United to be completed on February 2010. He was spotted during the South American Under-17 championship that Brazil won.
Dodô made his first team – and Série A – debut on 15 November 2009 at the age of 17, coming on as a second-half substitute for Diego Sacoman in a 3–1 away loss against Avaí. After Mano's dismissal, he was rarely used by new managers Adílson Batista and Tite.
In December 2010, Dodô and fellow Corinthians teammate Boquita joined Bahia on loan for one year. He scored his first senior goal on 27 March 2011, netting the second in a 3–0 Campeonato Baiano home win against Bahia de Feira.
Dodô scored his first goal in the main category of Brazilian football on 4 September 2011, netting his team's second in a 3–1 away defeat of Flamengo. A regular starter during the latter stages of Série A, he suffered a knee injury on 16 November in a 1–0 away loss against Internacional, and was sidelined for six months.
On 2 July 2012, Dodô joined Serie A side Roma in a five-year contract. He made his debut on 28 October in a 2–3 loss against Udinese. He started the match and was later substituted for compatriot Marquinhos. He finished the season with 11 appearances.
Dodô found more first team football in the 2013–14 season, with first team left back Federico Balzaretti missing much of the season through injury. Dodô made 20 appearances in all competitions over the course of the season, helping Roma to a 2nd-place finish.
On 8 July 2014, it was announced that Dodô would be joining Serie A rivals Inter on a two-year loan for a fee of €1.2 million, with a conditional obligation for a fee of €7.8 million which would be activated by Dodô's first appearance in the senior team's official matches. He made his official debut with Inter on 20 August 2014 in first leg of Europa League play-off, where he scored the second goal of the 3–0 away win against Icelandic side Stjarnan. On 31 August, he debuted in Inter's first match of the 2014–15 Serie A away to Torino, playing 80 minutes at left back in a goalless draw before being substituted for Danilo D'Ambrosio.
After playing twice for Inter in 2016 pre-season under Mancini, he was left out from the squad to the United States. He did not receive any call-up from Frank de Boer either, after Mancini left the club. On 18 August 2016, Dodô returned to Sampdoria on loan with an obligation to buy in 2018.
On 22 February 2018, Dodô returned to his home country after agreeing to a one-year loan contract with Santos. He made his debut for the club on 7 March, starting in a 2–1 Campeonato Paulista away loss against Grêmio Novorizontino.
Dodô and his Inter teammate Juan Jesus were called up to the Brazil national football team for friendlies against Argentina and Japan in October 2014. They were both unused substitutes in the first match in Beijing, a 2–0 victory for the 2014 Superclásico de las Américas.
|Bahia (loan)||2011||Série A||14||1||11||1||6||0||—||—||31||2|
|Inter Milan||2014–15||Serie A||20||0||—||2||0||6[a]||2||—||28||2|
|Santos (loan)||2018||Série A||11||0||6||0||1||0||5[b]||0||—||23||0|
- "Ex-seleção e driblador, mas instável: conheça Dodô, provável reforço do Santos". espn.com.br.
- "Jovem Dodô promovido à equipe principal" [Youngster Dodô is promoted to the main squad] (in Portuguese). SC Corinthians Paulista. 22 July 2009. Retrieved 22 March 2018.
- "Esquecido na era pós-Mano, craque da base corintiana luta contra a desconfiança para se firmar no time" [Ostracized in the post-Mano era, Corinthians' youth prospect fights against lack of confidence to establish himself in the first team] (in Portuguese). R7. 28 October 2010. Retrieved 22 February 2018.
- "Manchester United close in on Dodo signing". The Daily Telegraph. 13 May 2009.
- "Avaí vence e ainda sonha em se juntar ao Corinthians na Libertadores" [Avaí win and dream about joining Corinthians in the Libertadores] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 15 November 2009. Retrieved 22 February 2018.
- "Corinthians empresta Boquita e Dodô ao Bahia" [Corinthians loan Boquita and Dodô to Bahia] (in Portuguese). O Estado de S. Paulo. 17 December 2010. Retrieved 22 February 2018.
- "Bahia derrota xará de Feira em Pituaçu e mantém com folga liderança no Baiano" [Bahia defeat pseudonym de Feira at the Pituaçu and keep advantage in the leadership] (in Portuguese). A Tarde. 27 March 2011. Retrieved 22 February 2018.
- "Lesão no joelho tira Dodô de campo por seis meses" [Knee injury takes Dodô out of the fields for six months] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 17 November 2011. Retrieved 22 February 2018.
- "JOSÉ RODOLFO PIRES RIBEIRO (DODÔ)" (PDF) (in Italian). A.S. Roma. 3 July 2012. Archived from the original (PDF) on 19 July 2014.
- "OPERAZIONI DI MERCATO: JOSÉ RODOLFO PIRES RIBEIRO (DODO')" (PDF). www.asroma.it. 8 July 2014. Archived from the original (PDF) on 14 July 2014.
- "Stjarnan 0-3 Inter: Icardi, Dodo and D'Ambrosio put Italians in control". Goal.com. Retrieved 18 September 2014.
- "Torino 0-0 Inter: Vidic sees red as Mazzarri's men are held". Goal.com. 31 August 2014. Retrieved 31 August 2014.
- "St-Étienne find chink in Inter's armour". UEFA. 6 November 2014. Retrieved 6 November 2014.
- "Dodo: 'Samp fans, see you soon' | Football Italia". www.football-italia.net. Retrieved 2016-01-21.
- "UFFICIALE - Dodò va in prestito alla Sampdoria". www.fcinternews.it. Retrieved 2016-01-22.
- "Official: Sampdoria sign Dodo | Football Italia". www.football-italia.net. Retrieved 2016-01-22.
- "Ufficiale: dall'Internazionale arriva il brasiliano Dodô" (in Italian). U.C. Sampdoria. 21 January 2016. Retrieved 16 May 2016.
- "Inter 0-0 WSG Wattens". F.C. Internazionale Milano. 9 July 2016. Retrieved 13 September 2016.
- "Inter slip to CSKA Sofia loss". F.C. Internazionale Milano. 14 July 2016. Retrieved 13 September 2016.
- "Inter Summer Tour: 23 nerazzurri negli Stati Uniti" (in Italian). F.C. Internazionale Milano. 16 July 2016. Retrieved 18 August 2016.
- "Bentornato Dodô: dall'Inter arriva il difensore brasiliano" (in Italian). U.C. Sampdoria. 18 August 2016. Retrieved 18 August 2016.
- "Dodô assina contrato com o Santos FC até o final de 2018" [Dodô signs contract with Santos FC until the end of 2018] (in Portuguese). Santos FC. 22 February 2018. Retrieved 22 February 2018.
- "ECCO TUTTI I NERAZZURRI IN NAZIONALE" [HERE ARE ALL THE NERAZZURRI IN NATIONAL TEAMS] (in Italian). Inter Milan. 6 October 2014. Retrieved 7 October 2014.
- "Argentina 0-2 Brazil". BBC Sport. 10 October 2014. Retrieved 11 October 2014.
- "Games, séries e quadrinhos: o lado geek de Dodô, reforço do Santos" [Games, series and comics: the geek side of Dodô, addition of Santos] (in Portuguese). Gazeta Esportiva. 24 February 2018. Retrieved 12 April 2018.
- Dodô at Soccerway. Retrieved 22 February 2018.
- Dodô at BDFutbol. Retrieved 21 October 2014.
- Dodô at TheFinalBall.com