José Vicente Sánchez
|Full name||José Vicente Sánchez Felip|
|Date of birth||8 October 1956|
|Place of birth||Barcelona, Spain|
|Height||1.71 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Born in Barcelona, Catalonia, Sánchez adjusted quickly to local FC Barcelona's first team, appearing in four matches and scoring once in the 1975–76 season whilst he was still registered with the reserve squad. From there onwards, although never an automatic first-choice, he was used regularly, helping the club to three Spanish Cups and two UEFA Cup Winners' Cups – in the first final, a 4–3 win against Fortuna Düsseldorf, he opened the scoresheet.
Sánchez then helped Barça to another continental final, the 1985–86 European Cup, lost at Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán Stadium in Seville on penalties, to FC Steaua Bucureşti. By then, he was already a secondary player (only 22 matches in his last two years combined, although he did contribute with 13 La Liga matches to his first title in the competition), and left for fellow league team Real Murcia in the 1986 summer, posting two more solid seasons.
Sánchez earned 14 caps for the Spain national team during slightly more than five years, his debut coming on 4 October 1978 in a 2–1 win in Yugoslavia for the UEFA Euro 1980 qualifiers, replacing Real Madrid's Juanito – who had scored – with five minutes left.
He was selected for the squad at the 1982 FIFA World Cup played in his country, and appeared in four matches as the nation exited in the second group stage.
- La Liga: 1984–85
- Copa del Rey: 1977–78, 1980–81, 1982–83
- Supercopa de España: 1983
- Copa de la Liga: 1983, 1986
- UEFA Cup Winners' Cup: 1978–79, 1981–82
- European Cup: Runner-up 1985–86
- "1978/79: Barcelona win seven-goal thriller". UEFA.com. 1 June 1979. Archived from the original on 3 May 2010. Retrieved 23 February 2015.
- "Duckadam inspires Steaua". UEFA.com. 18 April 2006. Retrieved 23 February 2015.
- El club renueva a Lopo tres temporadas más (Club renews Lopo for three more seasons); Diario AS, 4 April 2003 (in Spanish)
- Tente Sánchez: "El deseo de Juanito es mejorar" (Tente Sánchez: "Juanito wants to improve"); El Desmarque, 24 July 2007 (in Spanish)
- El agente de Jesús Vázquez deja entrever que no seguirá en Huelva (Jesús Vázquez's agent hints he will not continue in Huelva); La Opinión, 5 June 2010 (in Spanish)