José van Dijck
Johanna Francisca Theodora Maria "José" van Dijck (15 November 1960 in Boxtel) is a new media author and a distinguished university professor in media and digital society at Utrecht University since 2017. From 2001 to 2016 she was a professor of Comparative Media Studies where she was the former chair of the Department of Media Studies and former dean of the Faculty of Humanities at the University of Amsterdam. She is the author of ten (co-)authored and (co-)edited books including Mediated Memory in the Digital Age; The Culture of Connectivity. ; and The Platform Society. Public Values in a Connective World.
Since 2010 Van Dijck has been a member of the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences. In 2015 she was elected by Academy members as the president of the organisation and became the first female to hold the position.
- José van Dijck, Thomas Poell & Martijn de Waal, The Platform Society. Public Values in a Connective World. Oxford University Press, 2018. ISBN 978-0-19-088977-7
- José van Dijck: The culture of connectivity. A critical history of social media. New York, Oxford University Press, 2013. ISBN 978-0-19-997077-3
- Sound souvenirs. Audio technologies, memory and cultural practices. Edited by Karin Bijsterveld & José van Dijck. Amsterdam, Amsterdam University Press, 2009. ISBN 978-90-8964-132-8
- José van Dijck: Mediated memories in the digital age. Stanford, CA. Stanford University Press, 2007. ISBN 0-8047-5624-4
- José van Dijck: The transparent body. A cultural analysis of medical imaging. Seattle, University of Washington Press, 2005. ISBN 0-295-98490-2
- José van Dijck: Manufacturing Babies and Public Consent. Debating the New Reproductive Technologies. New York: New York University Press, 1995. ISBN 978-03-3362-965-9
- José van Dijck: Discontinuous discourses. Mapping the public debate on new reproductive technologies, 1978-1991. Thesis (Ph. D.), University of California, San Diego, Department of Literature, 1992. No ISBN
- Connectivity of social media
- mw. prof. dr. J.F.T.M. (José) van Dijck at University of Amsterdam
- Stanford University Press. "Mediated Memories in the Digital Age - José van Dijck".
- "The Culture of Connectivity".
- "José van Dijck" (in Dutch). Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences. Retrieved 30 June 2015.
- Marcel aan de Brugh (4 March 2015). "José van Dijck nieuwe (én eerste vrouwelijke) president KNAW" (in Dutch). NRC Handelsblad. Retrieved 30 June 2015.
- Ton Voermans (11 October 2016). "Hoogleraar José van Dijck meest invloedrijke vrouw van 2016" (in Dutch). Algemeen Dagblad. Retrieved 11 October 2016.