José Roberto Figueroa
|Full name||José Roberto Figueroa Padilla|
|Date of birth||14 November 1959|
|Place of birth||Olanchito, Honduras|
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 24 November 2011.
José Roberto Figueroa Padilla, also known as Macho, (born 15 December 1959 in Coyoles, Olanchito) is a retired Honduran footballer who played as a forward, in Honduras for Motagua, Vida and in Spain for Real Murcia and Hércules. He also represented Honduras at the 1982 FIFA World Cup.
Macho Figueroa was a forward his best technical movements was a powerful shot. After a great participation with Honduras in the 1982 FIFA World Cup, his services were acquired by Real Murcia of the Spanish Second Division. By dint of goals, Figueroa contributed to his team will return to the La Liga. His league debut was against Real Sociedad where he had a good afternoon scoring two goals. He scored eleven goals in each of the two seasons he played in La Liga. A hat trick he did to Málaga on the third day of the 1984–85 season earned him get to lead the list of top scorers in the category. Over time, Macho with his goals became one of the most important players in the history of Real Murcia.
Figueroa made his debut for Honduras in 1980 and earned at least 28 caps, scoring 13 goals. He has represented his country in 19 FIFA World Cup qualification matches and was part of the 1982 FIFA World Cup squad in Spain, where he played all 3 matches.
- Scores and results list Honduras' goal tally first.
- Desafíe a Ismael – La Prensa (Spanish)
- “El Macho” Figueroa entrenaría a reservas de Real Sociedad – Diez (Spanish)
- José Roberto Figueroa – FIFA competition record
- El “Macho” Figueroa fichó con Real Sociedad – La Prensa (Spanish)