Jos van Rey
|Jos van Rey|
Jos van Rey (1987)
|Born||Jozef Franciscus Bernard van Rey
15 April 1945
|Political party||Liberal People's Party Roermond (2013–present)
People's Party for Freedom and Democracy (1965–2013)
Van Rey was a member of the People's Party for Freedom and Democracy (1965–2013), member of the States of Limburg (1982; 1995–2011), member of the House of Representatives (1982–1989; 1991–1998), and member of the Senate (2011–2012).
Since 2012, Van Rey is suspected of political corruption and he is being prosecuted for alleged bribery, alleged disclosure of confidential information, and alleged electoral fraud. The criminal trial started in the court of Rotterdam on 4 April 2016.
In 2013, he co-founded the Liberal People's Party Roermond (LVR), after which he was expelled from the People's Party for Freedom and Democracy (VVD) due to a conflict of interest. In 2014, Van Rey was installed as a member of the Municipal Council in Roermond for the LVR.
- (Dutch) J.F.B. (Jos) van Rey, Parlement & Politiek. Retrieved 20 January 2015.
- (Dutch) "Van Rey wil Teeven en Opstelten laten horen", de Volkskrant, 2015. Retrieved 20 January 2015.
- (Dutch) Joep Dohmen & Paul van der Steen, "Verdediging wil Opstelten en Teeven horen in zaak-Van Rey", NRC Handelsblad, 2015. Retrieved on 20 January 2015.
- (Dutch) "Corruptiezaak VVD'er Van Rey voor de rechter", De Telegraaf, 2015. Retrieved 20 January 2015.
- (Dutch) Saskia Belleman, "Megastrafzaak tegen Van Rey van start", De Telegraaf, 2016. Retrieved 4 April 2016.
- (Dutch) "Van Rey geroyeerd als lid VVD Roermond", De Telegraaf, 2013. Retrieved 4 April 2016.
- (Dutch) "Jos van Rey geïnstalleerd als raadslid", De Telegraaf, 2014. Retrieved 4 April 2016.
|This article about a Dutch People's Party for Freedom and Democracy politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|