Jose de Jesus
|Jose de Jesus|
|Secretary of the Philippine Department of Transportation and Communications|
June 30, 2010 – June 30, 2011
|President||Benigno Aquino III|
|Preceded by||Anneli R. Lontoc (Acting)|
|Succeeded by||Mar Roxas|
|Secretary of the Philippine Department of Public Works and Highways|
1990 – March 1, 1993
|Preceded by||Fiorello Estuar|
|Succeeded by||Eduardo Mir|
Jose "Ping" de Jesus is a former Philippine Secretary of the Department of Transportation and Communications. On June 29, 2010, President Benigno Aquino III picked him as his Secretary of Transportation and Communications.
Before being appointed by Benigno Aquino III to the Transportation and Communications secretary post, de Jesus is the president and chief operating officer of Meralco Corporation. He has previously served as the Secretary of the Philippine Department of Public Works and Highways secretary in the Cabinet of Noynoy’s mother, former president Corazon Aquino, and during the time of ex-president Fidel Ramos. He also served as the former president of Manila North Tollways Corporation in 2005.
According to President Benigno Aquino III, de Jesus "is a work-driven individual who will oversee the transformation of DOTC characterized by the NBN-ZTE deal into an agency that truly serves the interests of the people." de Jesus "ensured the affordability of telecommunications services as soon as he gets familiarized with his department."
After one year in office, de Jesus announced his resignation effective June 30, 2011. At the time, de Jesus stated that he wanted to return to the Private sector as the cause of his resignation.
- Noynoy names Cabinet execs, senior government officials Archived 2010-07-29 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Best of News". Getty Images. May 26, 2009. Retrieved August 4, 2015.
- Sy, Marvin (February 24, 2011). "Gazmin, De Jesus confirmed by CA". The Philippine Star. Retrieved August 4, 2015.
- Profile of Aquino’s Cabinet members Archived 2014-02-02 at the Wayback Machine.
- Legaspi, Amita O. (2011-06-01). "Palace confirms De Jesus resignation as DOTC chief". GMA News Online. Retrieved 2011-08-16.
- "DoTC Secretary De Jesus resigns". Philippine Daily Inquirer. June 1, 2011. Retrieved August 4, 2015.
Anneli R. Lontoc (Acting)
|Secretary of Transportation and Communications
|Secretary of Public Works and Highways