Josef Jelínek in 1962
|Date of birth||9 January 1941|
|Place of birth||Prague, Czechoslovakia|
|1970–1972||Go Ahead Eagles|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
He was a participant in the 1962 FIFA World Cup, where Czechoslovakia won the silver medal.
Jelínek spent five season in the NASL from 1972 – 1976, playing for the New York Cosmos, the Rochester Lancers and the Boston Minutemen respectively. He scored the game-winning goal for New York on a penalty kick in the 86th minute of the Cosmos 2–1 victory over St. Louis in the 1972 Championship final. He also played for Torreón during the 1973–74 Mexican Primera División season.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Josef Jelínek.|
- "FOTBAL.CZ – Reprezentace A – statistiky". fotbal.cz.
- Hall of Fame Dukla Praha. fkdukla.cz
- "NASL Soccer North American Soccer League Players-Josef Jelinek". nasljerseys.com.
- "Cosmos defeat Stars to win NASL title". The Montreal Gazette – Google News Archive. 28 August 1972
- Rosas, Sergio Luis (17 February 2010). "Recuerdos del Ayer" (in Spanish). El Siglo de Torreon.
|This biographical article related to association football in the Czech Republic, about a forward, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|